5.27.2004

Work Ethic

(or lack there of)



So I've been working full time in an office for almost two weeks now. I have come to the realization that people just don't care about the quality of work they do, as long as they get a paycheque. I have found myself doing a hell of a lot of work compared to those around me in the office that have worked there several years, which I believe is unfair. While I am working hard, normally I can find at least one person staring at their nails, or at the computer, or at the wall, or at air. It's sad.

I've also discovered that people are chicken-shit. In the last two weeks, I have been taught to process orders, update orders, etc. in the invoicing department. I have been taught incorrectly a minimum of four times, where I get in trouble for doing something incorrectly, and the teacher then denies showing me that method. I mean, if you make a mistake in teaching me, then admit it! Who really cares? Say OOPS! It's a perfectly good word! OOPS! OOPS!

Anyways that's my rant. Thankfully there's a Garfield movie being released shortly and I can become one of the slovenly loathesome public, working to a max of 10%. You go, Canada!

Jam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

james, all i have to say about that is.. welcome to the workforce! and why didnt u call me friday?! :op

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home