1.21.2007

Pouring

Have you ever heard of that saying "When it rains, it pours"? I live that saying in many ways.

First of all, I get caught in the rain all the freaking time! I mean, the clouds all get together and they're like, "Okay, I see him putting his shoes on. Move, people, move!" Then they swoosh in, in a very swoosherary cloud movement and have Niagara Falls on my white chocolate. No fair.

Anyway, here's some stuff that is real:

School has been fairly light this semester thus far, and I am definitely slacking due to it. I'm changing my major from Philosophy and English to just English because Philosophy is totally whooping my ass. I just can't see my way through the material anymore. I've dropped one of my philosophies this term already, and I'm debating dropping the other so I'm left with three englishes. Not a full course load, but then I'd be able to get great marks in my english courses and then next year I can focus on what I need to take. I'm so worried though that it's going to take me forever to get through my degree, but I mean I shouldn't do something that will lower my GPA and lead to something I don't want, right? Someone please give me feedback on this!

As for guys, it's almost a steady downpour there too, for once. I'm getting all wet, at the very least. On Friday, I went to a party with a bunch of my super-awesome friends and got super-awesomely drunk, as you should at a super-awesome party. Anywho, two girls started getting their mack on, partially because of booze, partially because of sexuality, partially so that I could use the word "mack" later on. I walk into the bedroom where this is occurring and a bunch of guys are sitting on the bed watching them go at it on the floor. I sit down on the bed and within about five seconds I'm like, "what the hell are we watching this for?" Somehow it comes up that this friend of mine, a guy, is taunted to make out with me so that we can compete with the girls - or something like that. Anyway, I play coy because I'm not going to just jump on a guy (who I thought was straight). He literally pulls me down on the bed and we made out for - well I don't know how long. Not long enough! He even kissed me goodbye! Awwww! So, the dilemma enters in that I have been crushing on said guy for months since I first met him but I hadn't said anything because why would I if I thought he was straight? Now that I know that he's bi (and that he's an amazing kisser), I am sort of compelled to pursue it, but at the same time, sort of not because he's a friend and I have never approached a bi guy about that, so.. I dunno. On top of all of this, my date tonight with the other guy was cancelled due to bad weather, so later in the week I'll go out with him, and I may end up liking him. I NEED feedback on this! This is not optional.

Well, I'm soaked. Damn rain. At least things are getting interesting.

--Jam

PS: If either guy reads this and is like "wtf m8", ummm.. oops? I just needed to get stuff out and see what my friends think I should do. Pretend it didn't happen, lol.

PPS: The term "white chocolate" is from my wonderful roommates who continue to refer to themselves as that. I promise never to use it in person.

2 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Well, sounds like you've been having fun. My thinking is:
a)switch to an English major if that's what you think you'll be happier doing and b) drop your other philosophy if it gets too too rough (when is the drop without penalty date?) and keep it if you think you can do reasonably, because it's an extra credit which is always good.

c)I never make out with guys at parties, or go to parties or make out with guys in general...so I'm kinda not sure what advice to give here... um, wait and see how you + partyguy are when you're both sober... and unless there's some sort of development, go on your date with other guy, 'cause it might be fun, and there's no sense canceling... and that's what I have to say about that.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Maya said...

If it's not a required course, why worry about it. If you start doing super badly, yea don't let it drop your GPA. It means you'll have to take more courses and stay in undergrad longer but if you plan on applying to something post-grad, GPA is a must.

It's confusing when people do stuff like this cuz you don't know whether it was for the reason that they said (compete with girls) or whether there's seriously something underlying and that was an excuse.. Like Atheeny said, I guess just see if there actually is something? Or whether he was just drunk and being an emotionally confusing person like everyone seems to be nowadays. Don't cancel your date.

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home