2.18.2009

Fish Nut

Due to some probing by a friend, I've joined the ranks of Plenty of Fish, an interestingly low-budget dating site with copious amounts of idiots. There are a few gems mixed in, but not many around here, sad to say.

Anyway, it has this ridiculous chat feature that sends a window, accompanied by the sound of an accordion being sat on, that allows the other person to know you got the message and are there. Thus, you feel compelled to answer even if you don't want to.

A lovely man, 30, smoker, wants his first date to be at "Timmys" and wants to be "diskreet", messaged me today, and here is our conversation:

(I'm thatjam, if you couldn't figure that out.)

richard102: hi
richard102: hello
richard102: im newfie also
thatjam: I'm from Ontario originally so I'm actually not a newfie. I'm working on some stuff and am not interested. Have a good day!
richard102: whatever dude
richard102: LOSER
thatjam: lol wow.
richard102: yup
thatjam: So would you have rather I had not answered? I'm not interested in a smoker or someone who wants to be "diskreet" or someone who wants to start off at "Timmys". I wasn't impolite. What would you have liked me to have said, exactly?
richard102: thats ur choice what u do
richard102: im in toornto and ur in newfie so whats diff would it make!
thatjam: It doesn't. It's your choice to call someone a loser for being polite and honest. I just don't understand why you wouldn't say bye or close the window or something. I don't get why you'd be rude for no reason.
richard102: who cares
richard102: this is me
thatjam: Boy, well then I sure am sorry I passed you up. Good luck with dating.
richard102: u know newfies no holding back
richard102: u didnt interest me anyways
richard102: just was goin to chat before i go to work
thatjam: Newfies are polite and considerate. I don't know what you're talking about "no holding back". That's bull. Most of them that I've met are extremely nice.
richard102: i am in a 4 yr relationship
richard102: so am i when i want to b
thatjam: Oh good, so I'm glad your profile says dating.
richard102: exactly
richard102: alittle fun on the side
richard102: mm
thatjam: Right. Anyway have fun with that.
richard102: my bf is in bed sleep
richard102: i always do
thatjam: Thank goodness! Kay I'm leaving now. I just wanted to know why you were an ass and I got my answer. Ciao.
richard102: ciao 2 u 2
richard102: by the way my bf is spanish
thatjam: ...what does that have to do with anything?
richard102: nothing
richard102: u said ciao
richard102: anyways u have urself a wonderful day!
thatjam: Bye bye.
richard102: i better head off for work before im late
richard102: nnice talking to u
richard102: later

Seriously.

--Jam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe you should stick to clubs and bars. Your online chats are strange. ;)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home