1.18.2005

Fatiguing Dilemma



So, here's the scoop.

Last year I bombed school. Anyone who knows me knows that. Yeah whatever, I got over it. Last semester I did better due to better classes, but I still didn't do great. Got over that too.

This semester, I have been doing all my readings and studying my brains out. I've even started to feel guilty when I go out on weekends because I could be home doing readings for class that I need to do. Pathetic, yes.

All this work you would think would be paying off. However, even though I am on top of my course load (more or less), I am completely and utterly exhausted all of the time, and am sleeping through classes (two today, for example), due to too much work, plus a sleeping disorder. I don't understand how my professors expect me to do all of this reading. It is not from lack of interest by any means. I am taking courses which are all of great interest to me. However, I have three novels to read in two weeks, added onto the normal 100 pages a week I have to read from my texts.

I have to ask myself "am I actually learning?". It may seem like it now, because I'm putting forward so much energy, but in the long run, will I remember any of these inane readings that I am forced to do? Probably less than 10%.

So where is the happy medium? Where is the right amount of work to do without overexerting myself? What is the right amount to do to get the most out of my university experience? I can't keep working this hard, and then sleeping through lectures, as that is counter-productive.

Screw making pot legal. I like the idea of making speed legal better.

--Overworked Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home