1.23.2005

Of Being Single, Relaxed, Content, and Excited

Hey fan base,

So I'm at my second home in Hamilton at Leanne's place. We played N64 tonight for about 5 hours. I think my eyes are broken. I haven't played that much Nintendo since I was in highschool (Yes, I was a nerd. Get over it.).

Being Single.
So I know I've actually been single for months now, since the ill-fated relationship with Brian, but I'm starting to come to terms with it, and really enjoy it. I've been on the pursuit for so long I haven't really had a chance to enjoy some people that I otherwise would not, because I was simply thinking in terms of a relationship, rather than a friendship. Being single isn't really so bad anyways. I'm independent, so why was I in a hurry to get into something long-term so quickly? I know I haven't experienced something of that nature before, but for now I'm going to let it happen to me, rather than searching it out. Life needs to be more..

Relaxed.
I needed this weekend. I always get tons of relaxation time in when I come down to the H-dot. With all the work I've had to do lately, it's good to take some time to reflect, and to enjoy. I mean, I'm still doing work while I'm down here, but it's worth doing a little less for a couple days in order to recoup a little. I'm starting to feel..

Content.
Those curve balls I was talking about a while ago are no problem for my bat anymore. My hitting average has gone up, and I don't care that it's a lousy baseball analogy. Although there's lots of work, and a lot of things I need to work out, the work is becoming less and less like work, and more like life. I'm not saying my problems with my family or future are getting better/more clear, but I'm beginning to accept them, and deal with them. You could even say I'm going past being content to being..

Excited.
I'm excited to see if my hard work pays off. I'm excited to see what the summer brings. I'm excited to see what the future brings.

I'm also excited that my best bud Craig is going to Korea very soon! It should be such a wonderful experience and I'm with him 110%! I think it will do him so much good to dive into something which is very foreign and very worthwhile. And I'm excited for when I (and Heidi) will get the chance to do it, too! In a couple years her and I are going to try to do an english exchange to Japan as teachers.

I can hardly wait.

--Jam


Growth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

Aww. James that's awesome! So glad to hear it! Keep it up, you rule!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home