2.21.2006

Reach Up For The Sunrise

Well howdy!

Life's hilarious. I haven't been posting because I've been really down about my confusing mess of a life and what to do in the coming year. I was thinking about applying for a job with Scotiabank in Vancouver, about moving elsewhere in Hamilton, Toronto, or the rest of the area, amongst other ideas.

Today, I'm resting on the couch when I get a call from my mom. She says "Ready?", and I'm like oh god, she bought another dog, she's moving, she got a sex change, oh god. "I am pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to attend Memorial University for the fall term 2006." What? "What?" My mom received my acceptance package to Memorial in St. John's. I, James McDonald, former drop-out of Brock, received early acceptance to one of the biggest schools in the country! Like, wha, oh my god!

I called my aunt, called friends, rearranged my room because I had so much energy (hahaha yeah, I'm weird.. but it looks better this way!), and have come to a conclusion: I'm going. If I can afford it, I'm just doing it. Life is good here, but it can be gooder. I love my job, I love the people, but it's a stage in my life I am willing to leave behind to further my life and my own well-being.

Life's amazing, and this experience makes me glad I'm a philosophy major, because I can question how on earth when I was at my lowest that life knew to throw me an amazing opportunity.

Incredible.

--Jam

...YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so great! lol!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats buddy, sounds like a great opportunity! you're free to go as long as you promise not to get an East Coast accent!!!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was Leon by the way :P

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! Good for you, you def. deserve it. It's gonna be such a great experience! Go james!
~Heather

11:46 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Wow that's great news! Congrats!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home