11.18.2008

Angelic Incubus

Mornin'. (It's past 3am. I'm allowed to say that.)

I'm up essaying. I don't know why I always leave some essays to the last minute. It must be a right of passage in university. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

I fell asleep earlier this afternoon and had a very vivid dream. Here's the gist of it:

The curtain parts and blinding lights flash, illuminating my entire body. As my eyes adjust, I see a stage, followed by thousands of people. My ears follow and the cheers are overwhelming. My eyes start to water, my smile widens, and I step further into the light. The band starts and I begin to sing, much better than I would have ever imagined, and the crowd is going crazy. The song finishes, I bow, extraordinarily happy, beaming actually. Now, skip ahead to after the show where my fans are waiting to get me to sign a copy of my first book. (If only I could have remembered the title, we'd be one step closer to this wonderful dream.) I sign quickly, smiling and thanking them, and eventually exit the building to enter a large sport utility vehicle, for whatever reason. I enter into the passenger seat as my adoring and gorgeous husband has come to pick me up. We exchange a kiss and he says "good show" to which I respond "thanks. The Sprout for dinner?" (The Sprout is a restaurant here in St. John's. Why on Earth we're still in St. John's is beyond me.) I smile again as we drive off, followed by something like a moose chasing us. It's a dream, what more do you want?

Anyway, I think the dream is using my overactive ambition and imagination to create this ideal scenario that I will never live up to. I have to focus on the now; keep my goals in mind, of course, but I'm having a problem lately with really looking at the whole picture as of today. Therefore, back to my essay.

(Damn, I wish I got that guy's number. If only he was driving an Aveo.)

--Jam

PS: Essaying is a word. Weird.
PPS: Wall-E comes out today! Oh. My. Jebus.
PPPS: Listen to "Run" by Leona Lewis. Here.
PPPPS: I realize an incubus is supposed to haunt women and I'm supposed to get a succubus. Somehow, the gay factor seems to make me think that I'd get an incubus. Well, let's hope at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home