4.17.2006

Never Again

Hoppy Easter, everyone!

(That's what the people at the bank were saying. Don't look at me like I'm crazy. Look at me like I'm super awesome for copying them to make fun of them! Yeah.)

So Easter sucks. Every year is just manages to suck a little more and a little more and this year it was like a vacuum in a black hole. Saturday evening, the roomies and I were supposed to go out for martinis for Lisa's birthday, but their sister Laura got run over by a horse or something so we couldn't go. Now, I'm not angry at Laura for this (lol 'cause that would be illogical and strange), but I was looking forward to it, so to say the least, I was annoyed. I went home instead because, for some reason, I thought people would be around. I spent the majority of the night watching television with my mom (woo, fun..?), and right before I was going to jump off the room, Lindsay called and we went for snacks and drinks, which cheered me up.

The next day I stayed in bed until about 3:00pm because I was dreading the family dinner stuff. Normally my mom makes a good turkey dinner and we have an alright time and it's normally the other side of the family (my pa's) that drives me mental. However, his family didn't even call me, so I thought maybe this Easter, the bunny would be kind to me! I was oh-so-wrong. Bastard rabbit. You see, my mom decided this year that we would go to a restaurant for Easter dinner. Yes, I know what you're thinking. It is retarded, you're right. She also chooses not just any restaurant, but the Sherwood. Now, as any of you Brantfordites know, the Sherwood is like a trash bin, both in the food sense and in the people who go there. It's gross. So long story short, the food was disgusting, and the people in the place looked like they just came from a ho-down or from a retirement facility or both. My mom managed to be incredibly obnoxious without having any alcohol (she's talented, you see), and I left looking like the ass because I snapped at her.

So I am now vowing that never, at least in the near future, will I have a holiday with my immediate family. I'm moving to St. John's so it makes it even easier, but I'm never coming home on holidays unless I have, like, kids and a hot husband.

Needless to say, I called in sick today. Screw you Easter.

--Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home