4.30.2006

Singin' in the Drain

Hey peeps!

So I don't really have the internet anymore. It'll be fixed eventually, but for now, I'm on Leanne's li'l laptop getting my internet fix for the week.

This weekend I went to Toronto for, oh yes baby, Canadian Idol. I decided that since I sing loudly in the shower everyday, why not sing in front of judges and people I don't know just for the experience? Why not, indeed. So off I went and omigosh it was SO much fun!

I arrived Friday and stayed with good ol' Leon. I hadn't seen him in a li'l while either, so it was kind of like an added bonus lol. Saturday I woke up fairly early and Stephanie and I got to the auditions around 10:30. We filled out our paperwork while we laughed and talked incessantly because we were so nervous and finally got our numbers and went in. There weren't THAT many people there, but enough that it was a very unique experience. Lots of commotion, singing, music.. yay!

We sat down and within an hour our numbers were called and in we went. Because we signed up together, Steph and I were in the same group, which was kinda nice because it was like a comfort thing. The wait to get into the room seemed like a million years and I talked sooooo much to random people. I actually thought at one point a very literal thought that if I passed out, they wouldn't make me sing! ...but I gave up on that and went for it.

Steph went first and, to both of our surprise, couldn't get a note out! She just kinda froze, which I'm sure lots of people do, so props to her for at least going. Next was me, so technically I was the first to sing. I was SO nervous and really felt like I was gonna barf, but I sang Careless Whisper and when it was over, my hands were asleep (I guess all the blood ran away?) and I felt SO relieved! Three other people sang, including this REALLY hawt guy from Whitby who we affectionately named "Whitby". At the end, they thanked us, but none of us made it. They hardly let anyone through to the next round (there are two rounds before the celebrity judges even see you). I would estimate that 95% of the people who try out are turned down after just the one very short performance, which I think is not only unfair, but also very boring.

We were in and out within 2 hours. Fun, but short.

Went out that night with Leon and his friends and had an AMAZING time! Went to 5ive (wasn't that a boy band?) on Asian Express Night, so it was very fun, even though I stuck out. I have to say that asian guys seem to love white guys, cause I got hit on like.. a hot man in.. a club. ..yep. lol! We stayed out 'til like 4am and all in all, it was a great first Toronto clubbing experience!

Well, that's all for now kiddies! Have yourselves a safe and happy Sunday evenin'! Don't mix shrooms with beer, as Lisa always says!

--Jam

My hero of the day: Steph - for being awesome support and at least making it to tryouts!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!
Well, it's me, the girl who got cut cuz you DIDN'T sing!! lol
Just wanted to say thanks for an awesome Saturday in TO. I miss you sooo much Jammer, and next year, I promise I'll sing!!
And....Scene!!
Till next time, stay safe!!

Your good friend,
Amoeba

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to correct that post....
It's me, the girl who got cut cuz SHE didn't sing...cuz James, you definitely sang, louder than anyone at the auditions!!!

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home