9.06.2006

New Found Land

Well howdy peeps!

So it's been a little while since I posted, mainly because, well, I moved two thousand miles away to Newfoundland. It's a weird little island province to the far east of all the other provinces, kinda shaped like... well I don't know what's it shaped like.

Sept. 1
I had all my stuff packed up and ready to go. Left for the airport around 1pm. Visited Nana on the way up and tried to tell her how non-miserable her life actually is. Got to the airport and started freaking out. Mom laughed. We wandered around, she ate some food while I nearly barfed. I went through the gate and beeped a bunch, as always, so they scanned me up and down and made me take off my shoes. Mom waved at the gate and made me cry to an anonymous girl who I later found out was going to Calgary. I waited for my plane for a long time, or so it seemed. Boarded, sat down next to a cute couple. Oh look, they have a baby. Excuse me, I have to go jump out the hatch. Plane starts, baby screams, Jam moans. Flight was about four hours, with a stop in central Nfld, and consisted of reading Ann Coulter, thinking of ways to throw the baby down the aisle like a football (go long!), drinking a lot of vodka, and finally landing.

Sept. 2
My aunt Leigh picked me up from the airport around midnight. Stayed up and talked for a bit. Watched The Sentinel and afterwards, regretted watching it. Also regretted that it was ever made. Slept for six hours. Shopped for six hours. Got the key for my new place and moved some stuff in. Called and met Garrett for the first time and went to a big party at his new place. Drank X number of drinks and mingled with many many people, including many many cute men. Jam likes. Went to the gay club with some people and danced for a while before walking a long way back to Garrett's. Sleep ten hours.

Sept. 3
Wake up (duh). Drive back to Leigh's. Shop three hours. Move in completely to my new place. Garrett came over and watched Saved! (hahaha, "Are you down with G-O-D?"). Sleep a million hours.

Sept. 4
Garrett toured me around St. John's. Saw Signal Hill and the view from it (very wicked). Wandered around campus and became trapped in a building. Both of us went to Leigh's for dinner. Went to Middle Cove "Beach" (a bunch of rocks leading into the water) and walked around for a while. Came home and met the roomies. Watched Canadian Idol. Sleep eightish hours.

Sept. 5
Went to parts of orientation. Signed up for the English Society (wtf is that anyways), and got info on MUNSU (hee hee, I miss BUSU). Found all my classes. Went shopping. Bought a present for one of Summers' Crew (shhh, it's a secret), and bought me a PS2 (shhh, its a secret too.. to my mom). Came home and hung around the roomies. Fall asleep very late due to Ann Coulter. Set alarm wrong.

Sept. 6
Wake up an hour early due to setting the alarm wrong. Yippee skippee!

So that's about it. There's been some real highs, but it's starting to come down now that I realize that I miss some people. By the end of the week, I should be fine. Well, it's about the time that I should have gotten up in the first place, so I think I'll jump in the shower before the roomies wake up. Have a nice mornin', sunshine ;)

--Jammer

Soon to come: Video blogs (aaaaah!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Wow, you've been busy. Glad you made it. Who's Garrett?

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it safely! look forward to many updates about life on the east coast. are you going to learn how to play a fiddle and stomp your feet??

11:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home