8.30.2006

The Last Before The Beginning

Well, I had a couple rants lined up, a couple things to say about the responses I've been getting to "Women, Cheese, and Whine", and about everything else under the sun (as I always have an opinion on). Instead, since I'm leaving for school two thousand miles away in two days, I'm going to do a recollection of sorts of what I will be leaving behind.

Beginnings
Home has been Southern Ontario for my entire life. I grew up in Brantford, lived out eighteen miserable-but-hilarious years there. I'll be leaving highschool friends that I see when I go home, that I have the option of inviting to parties, that I have more memories with than I can count. These people were my life and my support for over a dozen years, and in my move, they may distance themselves from me, unintentionally or otherwise. While I know I have to move on, it's been amazing to have the home-support that I've had from them.

Family
The vast majority of my family lives within 50km of where I sit right now. Although I haven't exactly had the most Brady experiences with them, most of my family would be there for me whenever I needed help, and I'd say I would be there for them as well. I hope they know I'm not deserting them, but rather making myself more of a well-rounded person, and a person who can one day have a family of his own.

Real Life
I'm "regressing" back to school, away from a 9-5 life. I've lived and breathed a normal, very typical life for the last year, and in a small way I will miss it very much. Working alongside people everyday made them my family, and I am guaranteed to bawl like a schoolgirl on my last day, Thursday. Even though only one person from work reads this, they will all remain in my soul, as I have learned so much from them, and I only hope that my emotion written here is known and appreciated.

Real Family
I have a select few friends I have made over the past couple of years that have become more than family; they have become the best parts of me. I depend on these people for things, I know these people inside and out and vice-versa. They stay 'til the bitter end of everything, they support me, they trust me, they experience me, and they love me. They are the people I will regret leaving the most, and they are the people I am leaving for. They are the ones who push me to be a better person, and who know what potential I truly have. I thank them from the bottom of my heart for everything they have done, and I will never forget you.

Well, now that all that mushy gunk is done, I'll just say that I probably won't be posting until Saturday-Sunday-ish. Sorry for the lack of funny this post, but I had some sentimental crap to get off my chest. Got a shovel?

--Tear-jerker Jam

PS: Who commented on "J'accuse"? It sounds mean-spirited.. if it isn't, sorry. If it is, at least put your name. I can't rant if you won't say something worth ranting about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Good luck with the move! Don't cry too hard! :)

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so it begins, again...
Who would have thought that when I met you 3 years ago, you would be where you are now?? I personally thought that we might have actually made it through those 4 years at Brock! But, here we are, 3 years later, and we're both heading in completely different directions...you're doing it much further away than I thought, but still! Even though we don't spend much time together anymore, I'm gonna those 4am nights we had in 1st and 2nd year. But you need to do this, because you can!! I'm behind you 1000%...and don't ever look back!! We all have our own memories with you, ones that I know I will cherish forever. Future Canadian Idols!!

I'm gonna miss you, Jammer!! Take care and good luck!

Love always,

12:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're hot when you are sentimental :P

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home