8.15.2006

The Facts of Life

I don't know if these are the facts of life or just a bunch of points about stuff (seems much more likely), but here they are:

Fact One: People Give Up Too Often.

I don't understand divorce. I'm not too big on the whole understanding of marriage, but I really don't understand divorce at all. I mean, if you decide, after a (should be) long period of time where you date the other, to marry, you should know what there is to know that is crucial to keep the marriage intact (kids, lifestyles, goals, etc.). Divorce just seems like people don't try.

I just finished watching "7 Days To Save Your Marriage", and it just got me thinking about it. If I ever get divorced, I'll barf. Probably the same day, but I might get the flu at some point too.

Fact Two: Everyone is Too Fucking Touchy.

Ya know what? I'm sick of it. If I say something to you and you don't like it, deal with it. Unless I'm saying to you that I'm going to slit your neck in your sleep, or that I'm going to drive your car into a chasm, you need to learn how to deal with things in a calm manner, just as I try to do. People say dumb things to me all the time and I learn to see the meaning behind it. If someone is genuinely attacking me (car-chasm-type-thing), then I can be defensive.

I really think that people are too defensive over every little thing. It's unnecessary to the point where it hinders communication in all facets. I made a post (more like ten posts) a while back saying I wasn't going to deal with this bull from anyone, and I'm not making exceptions now. I make friends, but if it's not working, I can just as easily de-friend. I'm not nice enough to put up with it.

Fact Three: Coin is the Key to Wealth.

I rolled my big ol' bucket o' change tonight and I came out with over $100! I don't even know what to buy! It makes me tingle all over! I hadn't realized how much money really goes unused in my day-to-day life, but apparantly, it's one motherload of a buttload of a toadload of a lot.

Fact Four: Everyone Should Dance.

I don't get why people "don't like to dance". I really don't think they know what dancing entails or why people dance at clubs in the first place. I dance at clubs to feel the music in a way that someone sitting down cannot. To move to the beats with hundreds of other people, drunk out of your mind (not necessary, but it definitely helps), wearing something that should make you look fine, is something that is really one of the best, most fun things one can do, in my opinion of course.

*On a side note about dance, I had planned on taking hip hop and lyrical so I could shake my booty on a stage somewhere and be good at it, but Memorial doesn't offer dance classes! WHAT-EVERRR! I'm annoyed and bummed and annoyed.

Fact Five: Excuses are Useless.

Anytime I hear an excuse for anything in any context, I think it's dumb. I really never see a good reason for one. Late for work; an excuse will just take up time that is making you later. Acting like a jackass; an excuse will just further verify that. Give it up.

Fact Six: Eighteen Days Left...

...and I can't wait.

--Jam

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I sort of agree with you on divorce. However, there are extreme circumstances when divorce is the only means necessary - such as adultery. Also, no matter how much you may be against getting divorced, if someone wants out, there's nothing you can do. Sometimes people change and you have to be prepared for that. I know folks that were married for 15 to 20 years, and then got divorced. I wouldn't say it was for lack of trying or that they shouldn't have been married in the first place. But it does upset me when I see celebrities get married and get divorced within the same year. Or couples that dated for 8 years, got married and get divorced a year later. Or when couples get married because the girl got knocked up. I think people marry for the wrong reason...not divorce for the wrong reason.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Schnozz said...

I just read your comment about Futurama and for some reason it made me laugh kind of hard, which is bad because I was drinking fruit juice at the time. As a direct result, I have an INSANE case of hiccups.

You gave me hiccups over the Internet. I AM SUING YOU.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh my comment DID appear! After I wrote it, it was gone and I thought "what a waste to type up this whole big comment when I could just post about it myself." I lack opinions sometimes, so when I actually had one on this, I wrote about it. But now that this is here, I feel repetitive. Oh well.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home