12.09.2006

Sing, Sing a Song, Song a Sing

Listening: Beautiful by Ferry Corsten

***

What is...

...your theme song? At the moment, as Julia has noted, "Faster Kill Pussycat" by Paul Oakenfeld and Brittany Murphy

...your favorite song? I'm redoing my Top 100 Songs at the moment so I don't want to give this away. Check back in January for that ;)

...your favorite artist? Ratatat.

...the song you've liked the longest? Tonight, Tonight by The Smashing Pumpkins

...your most played song? Well, I don't know how Julia "checked" this. Probably "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap.

...your favorite album? "Hot Fuss" by The Killers

...your most memorable album and why? Jennifer Paige's self-titled album. My grandma got it for me for my birthday when I was sick. I knew she knew nothing about music and didn't want to go into Sunrise at all, but she somehow found out I loved that song "Crush" and bought it for me. I miss her a lot.

***

What do you listen to...

...in the morning? I never listen to music in the morning. I'm always either in a rush to get somewhere or I'm asleep.

...during the day? Usually something upbeat..?

...in the evening? On a happy day, dance music. On a sad day, slower music, like Frou Frou or Secret Garden.

...during the night? Electronica and Dance, baby.

...with friends? Well, I don't normally get to choose the type of music. Anything, I guess?

...when you're sad? Secret Garden is always good for a mopey day.

...when you're happy? Dance or motivational music.. something that makes me feel sexay.

...when you feel weird? The themes to the Mega Mans, FF3, or Survivor. Good times.

***

Which song...

...always makes you happy? "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk.

...always makes you sad? "Goodbye" by The Spice Girls.

...reminds you of something happy (and what is it)? "Love is a Dancefloor" reminds me of the amazing time I spent at Summers. I used to blare it and sing in Natalie's room while she tried to study. Ah, really good times.

...reminds you of something sad (and what is it)? "Hallelujah" by Imogen Heap reminds me of Marissa dying on the OC. Who thought to kill her off? Boneheads. Saddest scene ever.

...reminds you of being home? "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by JET. I used to drive around with Lindsay and sing this crazy loud. Oh yes, I am that cool.

...reminds you of being somewhere else? Both "I Try" by Macy Gray and "Move Your Body" by Eiffel 65 both remind me of my trip to France. Crazy Jaime Steedman sang Macy exaaactly like her on the planeride up and wouldn't stop. I think I lost an organ laughing so hard at her.

...reminds you of your friends? "From Paris to Berlin" by Infernal reminds me of a whole bunch of my friends for different reasons. Natalie and Heather for having one of them request it on a night out when they didn't know what the heck it was, and Leanne and Lisa for playing it in their living room like a million times over.

...reminds you of your family? "Steal My Sunshine" by Len reminds me of my mom. It was on MuchMusic one day and she walks in and says "Ooh, this is a fun song!" I was mortified.

...gives you shivers? "I've Seen It All" by Bjork. Intense farking song.

...makes you cry? "May It Be" by Enya.

...makes you smile? "Oh My Gosh" by Basement Jaxx. Forget about the sugar and have a spoonful of me, 'cause I taste so sweet!

...is your newest obsession? "Loud Electronic Ferocious" by Ferry Corsten, along with that entire album.

***

Pick five friends and list the song you associate with them.

Leanne: "Ramalama Bang Bang" by Roison Murphy.

Heidi: "Hana" by Kokia, and "Inner Universe" by.. somebody.

Craig: "Somewhere Only We Know" by Keane.

Mike Wong: "Roses are Red" by Aqua.

Loretta: "Shake Your Ass" by.. whoever that's by.


***

What is your song for...

...winter? "Last Christmas" by Savage Garden.

...summer? "Love (Trippin')" by Gabrielle.

...fall? "Tsugaru" by RevenG vs. DE-SIRE.

...spring? "Good Luck" by Basement Jaxx.

***

Pick ten songs and what they mean to you.

I danced dramatically and sang to it in my room for much of my childhood:
"Kiss From a Rose" by Seal.

Lindsay and I have coined it "our song", even though due to my gayness, we'll never be the real couple that our parents all so wish we would be (lol):
"If You're Not the One" by Daniel Bedingfield.

I tried it to tell to Athena, but she already had it on her playlist anyway:
"At Last" by Etta James.

I was getting sick and was extremely drunk after Athena's party one night and MPhil let me listen to this on loop over and over and over to fall asleep:
"Desert Rose" by Sting.

On Fridays, they used to play music on the caf. These two songs remind me of when good music was still popular, as they used to play them all the time:
"Blue" by Eiffel 65, "One More Time" by Daft Punk.

I was going to make music videos of these songs - the first with my roomies at Summers, the second with friends and teachers from highschool - but neither happened:
"Rapture" by Iio, "Perfect Day" by Hoku.

It always reminds me that I can do anything:
"Atlantis" by Jam

It always reminds me that there is so much more I could accomplish:
"Exotic Ethnic" by RevenG

The beginnings of a gay man:
"Can't Get You Outta My Head" by Kylie Minogue, "Feels So Good" by Sonique

It reminds me of all the great memories I had lounging around in Tara's pool or my basement or the mall or anywhere during my early teenage years:
"Take a Picture" by Filter

--Musical Jam

*Update next time, I swear. Boy I like, exam greatness, barfing roommates - all of it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home