7.05.2007

Blah!

Either I am getting more irritable in my old age, or people are just overly rude and I'm just now starting to realize it, because today I wanted to strangle two separate individuals.

The first was a teenage girl on the bus. On my way to and from Starbucks, I always read, as the bus ride is an "efficient" thirty minutes. I enjoy reading to tune out all the crazies on the bus, especially since I don't have an MP3 player (yes, yes, I'm the only person alive, I'm aware.). Teenagers are difficult to tune out but normally whatever novel I'm reading can do the trick. This girl, however, I could not.

She was with two of her male counterparts, being loud and boisterous as obnoxious teens can be. The problem was that this girl was not only loud, but she was one of those people who over-exaggerates and lies through her teeth just to be overly interesting and falsely knowledgeable. For example:

Boy #1: Man, I wish I could get a job.
Girl: I've already had like five jobs.
Boy #2: No you haven't! You need a fucking bank account to have a job!
Girl: I've been using a bank account since I was, like, two.
Boy #1: Well then I'll get a bank account and get a fucking job.
* * *
Girl: I wish I could get my money out of my bank account. I can't though because you need to have three dollars in order to make a withdrawal.
Boy #1: Fuck that shit! It's your money!
Girl: I know. I'll just get my uncle to get it for me. He's a branch owner in *anonymous Newfoundland town*.

I seriously twitched while recounting this girl. She just kept lying! Banks don't have owners, and they certainly do not have three-dollar-rules. Also, if she is as young as I know she is and has had five jobs, she should have more than less-than-three dollars in her bank account.

The second person was this young-ish (probably 18 years old) girl who was waiting for the bus as I got off to walk home. She was smoking and standing right next to the bus door, which I thought was so rude, obviously, because all the people who have to get on the bus have to breathe in her smelly smoke-air. She was pacing around, so as I approached her, I had to walk around her. She then exhaled a big cloud of gross, like, at me. It wasn't on purpose, but she knew it was going to happen because the wind was blowing in my face, and she was upwind. So, involuntarily, I went "BLAH!" really loudly and made this absolutely disgusted face in her direction. She looked shocked that I had a reaction at all, as she probably does this to the crazies and they breathe it in because they're always asking those waiting for the bus for "a smoke" about five times a minute. But me, not me. I will blah at you again, you silly jerkgirl. Don't make me.

--Jam

PS: On a side note, I didn't forget Gen, or anyone else for that matter, in my song-attachment thing in my last blog. I don't have songs for everyone, because if I did, that would just be crazy. I'm not that crazy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

What book are you reading?

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jam said...

I just finished reading Wicked, and now I'm rereading The Time Traveler's Wife. When I'm done that, I'll be moving on to Atlas Shrugged.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home