6.18.2007

"There's a Jam in My Soup!"

After much deliberation, I have come to realize a couple of things:

1. Jam's Blog gets whiny. Oops!
2. No one wants an emo blog.
3. Emo bangs look ridiculous on men and women! Go figure.

Therefore, I have decided to do something rash. Something shocking and daring. Something that will blow. Your. Mind. Gasp.

Well, not that shocking. I wouldn't want to thrust you into a state of panic or anything!

I've decided to split Jam's Blog. *hears rumbling in the audience* Now, now, listen to me before you jump off a bridge.

Jam's Blog will remain as a personal blog for all my friends. It will basically stay the same as it is now, with less "five days in a row of posting" jazz. That kind of jazz is called "not having a life in the summer". The new blog will be topic-based, with articles on different issues, ranging from outrageous fashion trends (Crocs, anyone?) to social observations. It will remain light, but it will be more focused than Jam's Blog has been. The new blog will be more like my rants, all the time!

The reason for all of this is that I want my blog to be more public, gain publicity, but in order to do so, I need to make it less personal and less emo. I do still need a place to rant about the Pauls and Michaels of my life, and I want to keep in touch with the few people who read it, so it will stay.

So, the new blog will be launched at the end of the summer-ish. I need your help. What do you envision a successful opinion blog that is mostly humorous (and is mine) to look like? Colours, shapes, themes, etc. And what should I call it? I thought about just "Jam", but jam.blogspot.com is taken by some retard named Jim who has posted once in 2001, saying "This is pretty cool!" There is nothing cool about what you're doing to me Jim. Nothing at all.

Think of a name that is so catchy. It doesn't need to have "Jam" in it. "Love is Blonde" is a terrific example. It's easy to remember, but it's original, and it says something about the content available, that it will be light and related to love and blondeness. Now, who doesn't L-O-V-E that?

Alright. I need your help. Give me your thoughts on names and layout ideas, and I'll keep ya'll posted on what's to come.

--Jam, split in two

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home