7.16.2008

The Squeaky Wagon

I realize it's been nine days since I posted getoffmyback. I'm trying to get back into posting regularly, so you can clap your "ITZ ABOUT TIME!!!!" messages right now. Shp!

Anywho, I have a gross eye infection. (Aren't you glad you tuned in?) It's a bacterial infection that makes my eyes crusty and red and it's completely disgusting. I went into work and apparently I looked god-awful because they sent me to a doctor and I haven't been to work since. This was Monday. The doctor said that until my eyes stop being gunky, I am still contagious. Working in a bank is probably the worst place to work with something horribly contagious because then I would be infecting my colleagues and about one hundred customers per day. "Thank you for banking with Scotiabank! Don't forget your complimentary infectious disease!" Radical.

I've been sitting at home, catching up with my old friend Video Games, napping, talking on the phone. Yesterday, I even did laundry! Oh, the productivity astonishes me! I've also been applying for jobs and getting absolutely nowhere. There are so many jobs that need diplomas and degrees and since I'm going to be working for another year, I'm stuck applying for a greater minority of jobs that I'm not even getting call-backs for. Discouraging to say the least, but as my dislike for banking grows, so does my motivation to get the hell away from savings accounts and GICs.

I should probably clean. My kitchen is a disaster, but at least it being a disaster makes the rest of my apartment look deceivingly clean. I also should count how many times in the last four years I have mentioned in my blog that my apartment is a mess. I'm guessing about 10% of the time.

(The other ninety, I just kept it to myself.)

--Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home