7.03.2008

Super Mega Hyper Crush

My name is Jam and I have a crush.

This isn't really an ordinary crush. It's huge. A stomping on small villages, rampaging through bunny-infested forests type of crush. And I don't know how much longer I can contain it.

He comes into the bank about four days a week. It's a standard bring a deposit in, check the mail, see him on his way. There are dozens of people that come in day-in, day-out, so the tellers tend to build a small friendship with the regulars. But, he stands out. He's very shy, about my height, and has the best smile I can imagine.

It took me forever to start talking to him; partially because I knew my face was as red as magma, and partially because saying anything more than a pubertyesque "hello" made my face escalate to lava. I took a leap a few weeks back and realized that he's fantastic. Charming-but-quiet, but interesting.

We chat about his job, my job, his weekend, my weekend, his new hair, my new obsession with him. (Oh, wait, we haven't gotten there yet.) Part of me feels strange that I like a guy I hardly know, but the other part is fully embracing and obsessing. There's a sense of compassion and adventure in him that are so compelling -- it's hard to explain.

I think I'm experiencing love-at-first-sight, as cliché as it sounds. I see in him precisely what I want in a guy. Someone who presents himself just like that in an everyday public setting, and who, I think, thinks I'm cute. (That's always important!)

Now comes the hard part. (Pun intended.) I'm about 90% sure he's my kind of man. I'm afraid that if I ask him to go for lunch or something, he'll awkwardify and never talk to me again. But, I think it's worth the risk? I mean, if my calculations are correct, ninety is a damn fine number.

I'm going to ask him out. Just casually, a "would you want to go for lunch or drinks sometime?", give him my card when he politely says yes, which he will either way, and leave it up to him. (And pray to Jebus above, below, or anywhere in the middle, that he calls ASAP so I don't have eight billion heart attacks every time my phone rings.)

Wish me luck!

--Jam

PS: Bunny-infested -- you heard me!

1 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

I like bunnies.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home