10.04.2008

All the Pretty Horses Things

Today is quite a day. Didn't you know? It's the day before my birthday!

Okay, okay, you can stop cheering now.

I can't believe it's been twenty-four years since I jumped out of my mom six weeks early. (I say jumped out because I'm feisty, obviously.) I would have never thought, as a child, in my early years, that this is where I would be, sitting at a dining room table in a small house in St. John's, Newfoundland, working on my undergraduate degree, fawning over a guy who probably won't have me, with so many good friends, I can't even count them. I wouldn't have imagined I'd have dated both a hairstylist and two Ph.D students. I wouldn't have even thought that I would be gay, I suppose. I couldn't have dreamed I'd be in this much debt, and wouldn't have thought I'd be willing to get into this much debt to accomplish so much.

It's an interesting day, today. A day of reflection, and soon to be, a day of homemade memories. A day of gifts, a day of drinking, and probably, a night of throwing up. (We'll hope not, but alas, I know myself too well.) A day of looking fabulous around friends, who of course, also look fabulous. (I only make friends like that, obviously.) Hopefully a day of new beginnings. A day of happiness and a day to enjoy everything I have; everything that I'm grateful to be able to enjoy.

I love spending my birthday with all the people that mean something to me, and although there are five girls in particular back home that I'd love to have here with me, along with hordes of friends (I'm modest), I'm humbled that I have a group of friends here who care about me and who are coming to celebrate everything I've come to embody. I love sharing my day with everyone else, so happy my birthday everyone!

Happy my birthday to you.

--Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home