9.29.2008

September

How is it possible that September is almost over? It feels like I just left Toronto, left my nightmare of banking every morning, living monotony. Yet, here I am, in St. John's, going to school full-time and loving life.

I hate to make this another boy post, but I'm going to, so deal with it, or go read the news at CNN. I promise this is more interesting, since those political debates were just riveting.

The guy and I have been spending a fair bit of time together. We went to a party together, we went for dinner, and unless it's supremely and solely in my brain, friendship is finally developing into something new and exciting, as I was hoping. I think it's almost hard for it not to. We have so much in common and can talk about anything for hours. It's terrific to meet someone like that, let alone someone you're attracted to, someone who has a plan that might fit into yours.

Whether I wind up with this guy or not, I've learned more about myself than I ever thought I could from someone else in such a short period of time. His goals and his interests and his aspirations--they've changed the way I think about dating. I know now that there is someone out there for me, whether it's him or not, who is ambitious and intelligent and fits my jigsaw piece of a self in so many ways, not just one or two (if that makes any sort of sense). I mean, not to belittle the fact that I would love it if he was that piece because that would make life that much simpler, however on a general level, it's nice to know that he, and others like him, are out there in the world. Also not to say I didn't find something in every guy I've dated up until now; actually saying they each had something, but the "light" is finally showing me that someone might have everything.

It's a nice evening, don't you think?

--Jam

Kay, on a giddy note, for my gurlz who want some specifics, we went to a party and got totally drunk and he flirted with me hardcore, or so it seemed, and we went for dinner the next day. Fingers and toes crossed. Got it?

...squeeeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home