10.22.2008

Building an Empire

Wouldn't it be cool if you could just use all your strengths to have one big "go" at the world? In an ideal world, I'd love to be able to be successful in so many creative outlets.

Of course, writing would be at the forefront. I'd love to have a series of adult fantasy novels, and some independent religious satires. I want to have a column in a well-known magazine, documenting travel or opinion, or both. I want to be a person that is respected but not overwhelming in the literary world.

I already compose music, so wouldn't it be great to have a reputation as an innovative ambient-electronica artist? I'd love to have a small niche market, having songs pop-up behind fun moments in film or classic runway walks. None of the glamour of mainstream music, a tiny portion of the income, but all the fun and satisfaction of contributing to the musical world.

As a person with an eye for fashion, I'd die if I could create beautiful clothes for beautiful people. My love for garments and fabrics is something that needs to be explored. If only as a hobby, I'd love to present at least one runway show in my life, and see my girls wearing something that I carefully crafted just for them.

It all seems ridiculous, but why not dream the big dream? Right now, I'll just focus on my degree and be a good, down-to-earth boy, but maybe I'll take a sewing class this summer, buy a canvas or two and fool around, and work on the score to my friend's independent film.

I can't get anywhere if I don't have goals, and I can't reach those goals if I don't try. So let's get started, shall we?

--Jam

PS: I think I want to change my last name. If I had a husband (with a good last name), I could just add "Mc" and I'd be all set. Now, where did I leave him?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home