1.07.2005

The Best and Worst Movies of 2004: #2

The Worst Movies of 2004: #2

The Chronicles of Riddick



Synopsis
A man (Vin Diesel) helps things and fights and army and gets put in prison or something.

Why I Chose It
Besides the fact that it was the most simple script I had ever heard in my life, I saw this movie and had no idea what his character was doing or for what reasons. The plot was dreadful, the storyline was hard to follow, and it was so dragged out that I wanted to leave by the end of the opening credits.

Possible Oscar Nods
Good god, no.


The Best Movies of 2004: #2

Troy




Synopsis

The Greek army sets its sights on the great walled city of Troy after the Greek beauty Helen falls in love with a Trojan prince. The story follows many different characters, including Greek warrior Achilles (Brad Pitt), Trojan prince Hector (Eric Bana), and Greek leader Agamemnon.

Why I Chose It
Although I am not a fan of the great historical epic (didn't like Braveheart, Gladiator, King Arthur), Troy was an amazing movie on more levels than most movies based on war. The acting was amazing, the best I've seen in a movie such as this, and the script and story were fascinating. Not a true replica of the real events, Troy still delivers a wonderful interpretation which embraces many different emotions throughout the film.

Possible Oscar Nods

Peter O'Toole, Best Supporting Actor: King Priam
Rose Byrne, Best Supporting Actress: Briseis
Brad Pitt, Best Actor: Achilles
Best Cinematography
Best Adapted Screenplay
Best Graphics
Best Picture

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home