1.04.2005

The Best and Worst Movies of 2004: Great, But Not That Great



With the Oscars just around the corner, and 2005 coming at us full force, I think I should rate the best and worst movies of 2004. I'm going to do a Top 5 and a Bottom 5, doing one (or so) each day. I'll be critiquing films that I saw, so if one doesn't make the cut, don't send me hate mail. I throw that out, and you'd just be wasting paper.

Here are some films that were good, but didn't make the cut for the top 5:

#6 The Forgotten
This conspiracy-style movie was very intriguing. Everything about this film delivers, and you begin to wonder what is in the clouds. This film easily takes my #6 spot.

#7 The Notebook:
A remarkable love story with terrific acting. The plot was very thin, however, and quite predictable.

#8 Fahrenheit 9/11:
The movie that brought back the documentary, this film was received very well. However, Michael Moore just doesn't do it for me.

#9 I Heart Huckabees:
A strange, but compelling film about preconceived notions. Acting was great, but the story was just too strange for the top five.

#10 13 Going on 30:
A simple film that can make anyone laugh. Jennifer Garner is hilarious, but the film can be described in less than ten words. That's a bad thing.

Honourable Mention Shrek 2:
Although this film seemed great to me when I first saw it, I now have no motivation to watch it now. A good film the first time; very hilarious.

Honourable Mention I, Robot:
A unique picture about robots. The graphics were amazing, and the script was very well thought out.

Honourable Mention Meet the Fockers
One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Although not exactly Oscar material, a thoroughly entertaining experience nonetheless.



All of these films were very good and you should go and watch them if you get the chance. What movies will make the top five? What films stunk so bad they will be shown on the bottom five? Stay tuned to the same bat channel, but different bat time (maybe tomorrow) for #5!

--Critic Jam

EDIT: Links to the Top and Bottom Five Films of 2004:

Number Five
Number Four
Number Three and a Half
Number Three
Number Two
Number One

2 Comments:

Blogger Paixão said...

hey babes havin another party this year? maybe this year i wont feel like dying and be able to come! lol

8:06 PM  
Blogger Jam said...

In response to Lee, and information for anyone who wants to know, yes I'm having an Oscar party this year. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!

--Jam

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home