7.29.2005

The Dust Has Only Just Begun to Fall

So I know it's very late, but I was up playing a game with a cute boy, talking to Craig in the kitchen about politics and ickly people, and drinking Christmas-like tea.

I had to post about a song that is one of those songs that changes me, that affects me in ways almost indescribable. It's called Hide and Seek by Imogen Heap. I had never heard of them, but they collaborated with someone else to make Frou Frou, so that gives you an idea of their type of music.

This song, however, is not like Frou Frou. First of all, it has no music besides vocals. Every sound you hear, even the background noises, I'm positive are just harmonious vocals. The song is slow, but intense. The lyrics are socio-political on one hand, and simplistic on the other.

Everything about it is just so amazing, and it actually makes me cry (I'm crazy, I know). Few songs have the intensity and monumental sound needed to make a person cry, but this song is just that: monumental. Is it strange? Sure. Is it for everyone? No, of course not. No song is.

To find out if it will change you like it has me, pleeeease download it. It's really worth it, and even if you don't like it, you can know that you listened to something that has and will have an impact on my life.

--Musical Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home