9.08.2005

The Return of Jam's Blog

Hi everyone! Wow, I didn't think I was going to get angry fans commenting that I should update. I didn't know people cared! I'm just.. so.. choked up... *tear*. Hahahaa wooo! Anywho, I'm back. I've been super busy lately with about a million and one things, so I haven't had much time to post as of late. I'll try to sum up everything I wanna say in this short entry. By entry I mean post, and by short I mean extremely long.

Honey, I Think I Laughed Too Hard and Broke My Cranium
During my last full weekend at Summers Drive, Natalie had her friend Rebecca down for a night and I have to say, she is sooo much fun! We played DDR and board games and all that jazz and I have never, EVER laughed so hard in my entire life! Shave Wheel, Anne Geddes, Peanut Man Comes Outside, and so much more made it an incredible time! LOL It happened like three weeks ago and I'm laughing right now thinking about it! Oooh I'm lame, but cool! I'm going to scan in our cranium drawings and post them up for all the world to see, because you should have as much enjoyment with our moronicness as we did!

Karaoke: I Hardly Knew Thee
The next night, me and the Natalie crew went out to Karaoke and had us a terrific time! I had said the previous weekend that I'd enter the little Karaoke idol thingy because.. well, I'm not sure why. I practiced "Somebody Told Me" all week and sang fairly well (a little off-key in spots) and alas, only came in third *self-declared third.. they only say the top two lol*. I was up against heavy competition, so I did as well as I could. Nat and I also sang a duet of Cry Me A River by JT and it was.. interesting. By interesting, I mean CRAZY! Who can actually sing that song? Santa? Jesus? I think not.

So in the midst of the singing funtimes, there was a dance-off, so Nat and I went up and shook our groove thang, and to no one's surprise, I WON! *cheers* I won a frog wearing a dress. It's really scary and is right now sitting behind my couch so I don't have to look at it. BUT I WON! I'm so great. This is why you love me, incase you were unsure.

By the Bay
So I had to say bye bye to the Bay that week. As sad as it was, it really wasn't sad at all. The people are nice, and that's all well and good, but I mean it was a short period in my life that was very boring and I'm glad it's over. No more folding or being pressured into selling HBC cards for me! Take that... you!

Paint Fumes Make Me See Stripes
During my last week at Summers, I left to go paint in Hamilton to get my room prepped for the greatness that is me living there. My friend Sarah helped me paint, and all in all it took me about 24 hours in total to complete the whole thing. It's a huge room and the design (self-created masterpiece) was very intricate and had to be very exact, so it took a long period of time. I'll post a picture of the finished product soon too, because I have to say, I am the best designer ever. I turned a basement cave into a geometric colour... place. lol

I'm All Gamed Out
My last night at Summers, a whole bunch of us played board games, video games, and everything in between for about 10 hours. I don't think I've ever played that much in a row (that's a lie). It was a great send-off to a great place, and I couldn't have left on a better note!

Everywhere I Am, There I Be
So that means that yes, to all you uninformed folk, I am living in Hamilton now! I've been here for about two weeks and I have to say I reeeeally love it here! My room is more of an apartment than a room, the roomies are terrific people, and I'm starting a great new chapter in the Book of Jam (to be added to the Bible in 2050).

Something Need Doing?
Only people who have played Warcraft will get that reference (Wong, I'm looking in your direction). As for the rest of you uninformed folk, just laugh, because it is actually funny, and you don't want to look like a loser because you don't know, right? (Hayward, I'm looking in your direction)
So I got a job doing bookkeeping with Athena's brother's company. I'm so happy I found something right off the bat, cause job hunting can be a real biotch. I basically do data entry for the entire day, so it's anything but stimulating, but I'll find a way to spice it up. Maybe I'll bring in my dress-frog and put him/her on my computer! If you are unsure of what the dress-frog is, you didn't read the whole post and skipped ahead, you bastard. Refer to "Karaoke: I Hardly Knew Thee" and don't be lazy next time, loser. I'm planning on taking a bartending course in the near future, as well as a financial planning course through Primerica, so who knows what the heck profession I'll have in a year's time!

Hospitals Smell Like What Old People Look Like
My Nana's been really sick lately, so I've been in the B-dot visiting her every three or four days. She was pretty bad for a while, but she's actually getting better, which is a big sigh of relief. *sigh* See? Sigh of relief. She's excited to see my new place, so I'm trying to pump it up as the Taj Mahal so she continues to have something interesting to look forward to. I mean, maybe it IS the Taj Mahal and I just didn't realize I was in India... or maybe not.

Music Makes the People Come Together
So I have a bunch of new music that I must share with you peeps. If you need any of these songs, just ask me on msn and I'll sendja them!

DHT - Listen to Your Heart
Lisa Scott Lee - Lately
Esthero - The Mood *this song is dirty.. not for Heidi*
Gwen Stefani - Cool
KT Tunstall - Black Horse and The Cherry Tree
Cory Lee - Goodbye

DOWNLOAD THEM! They're good, I swear on my martini lamp.

And The Rest I'm almost done, I swear on your martini lamp.
So as for the rest of my life, there are still a few gaps, but not many. I have no man, but who has time for one anyways? Not even any major prospects, which is boring, but whatever. It'll come. The other thing is my job isn't as steady as I'd hoped it to be, so I may have to get something on the side or something else, because I can't have a job that's not going to give me enough hours to pay for living. I figure because my job isn't that steady, however, I will be able to go to Barbados! *yaaaay* I was worried I wouldn't be able to, but I think it will work out now! Maybe I'll tan and meet a hot Barbadosianesish (?) man and life will be parfait. Thar ya go!

So anyways that post took me an hour. The things I do for you people. You better not have skipped sections. They're ALL gold I tells ya! If you didn't, I'll send a little fox to come to your window and tap on it and say "Hello sugar" in a reeeeally creepy voice and then you'll yell "WHY? Why didn't I read it ALL!?" and you'll collapse and have to drink eight bottles of dish detergent just to feel sane again but you won't because the fox will come BACK and run around your bed at night EVEN if it's up against the wall, and you'll have to jump up and down and try to scare it away but then you'll have to beat me at DDR but you won't be able to, so you'll have to settle for beating Joan Rivers because she's not good at it.

And then everything was as it should be.

CRASH came out on DVD two days ago. Why don't you own it yet?

Love ya'll and miss ya'll and ya'll.

--Not Jam Rivers

Word of the day: Sendja: Means "send you", dumbass.
Other word of the day: Barbadosianesish: Means "cabbage patch", dumbass. Geez.

3 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Finally! I thought that post would never come. I'm going to have to deal with the little fox, because I skipped the italicised bit that said if I hadn't played...um...some game that I wouldn't understand it. Kinda scared of the fox now.

We miss you at Summers castle. I have to go home this weekend :(, but I'm going to see if my mum can get me Saturday morning, so I can see you Friday night when you're here....provided you are here.

I'll be quiet. Great update in the life of Jam.

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I read every word, so no scary fox for me. Glad to hear all is well with you. It's not the same without u here in Thorold, but we shall survive! Good for you with the job and everything. :) No more huge gaps between updating are allowed anymore! hehe
~Heather

3:04 PM  
Blogger Paixão said...

the whole fox thing... Did u have a bad dream again? i think my pike dream still beats anything though. im still trying to figure that one out!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home