10.27.2005

In the Office

Afternoon.

I'm hanging around on my lunch hour, and I'm pretty much at the end of my rope. I've put up with a lot here, but I continue to put up with it because I don't want to have to look for a new job, and I don't want them to have to look for another employee.

Yesterday, I was stuck while my boss was out of the office without the ability to do my work because of something she had done (not on purpose). I left her a note saying I had to go because I couldn't do my work, I'll save it until the next day. So today I come in and manage to finish that work by noon (go me!). As my boss is leaving for lunch, she says in a very sarcastic jerkbutt tone, "Oh, and James, don't leave before I get back."

Like wtf!? Yes, I wanted to leave yesterday and not get paid for a full day. Yes, I love piling up work! I'm going to talk to her after lunch, because the way she said it, and just the fact that she said it as if she needs to tell me not to leave, tells me that I have little respect here, and that needs to change. Jam's putting his foot down lol.

--Jam, with a foot... DOWN! lol I'm a loser.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Cool blog. Love the template. It sucks to be underappreciated at work. I think everyone feels that way at some point or another. Today is my day to feel that way. Oh well. Good luck with your novel!

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home