6.22.2006

And This Little Thursday Went Splat

Mornin' peeps.

So let's see what I have to talk about today. Excited? Can't wait? Well then I'll make you suffer no more!

First off, they're "reevaluating" the dress code at work. It started with some customer, whom they won't reveal, that complained about a female teller that was dressed too provacatively, or something along those lines. From that has stemmed arguments, stress, tension, and tears. I first heard about this from my supervisor when she said that I couldn't wear the pants I wear because they're "casual". Something to do with the style of pockets and the rivets I have on them.

Now, if any of you know me in person, or actually just know me period, you should know I'm a damn fine dresser. I have a great sense of style and I take pride in what I wear at all times. I bought the style of dress pant that I did, made by Point Zero, because they were different and more fit my style. Men's dress pants are normally very boring unless you buy them with a suit, then you have more swing. Anyways, they are dress pants, but I can't wear them. When I talked to my manager yesterday about it, she said, "Well I guess it comes down to 'do you really want to work here?'." Um, what? Is that a professional thing to say? Am I so expendable that my pants being changed are worth more than my efficient service to this company? Apparantly. I'll be applying to a part-time position in East Hamilton today to see if I can work there for the remaining two months. If I get the position, I'm going to make sure every person at my downtown branch knows why I left, and that I left standing up for something I believe in.

Other than that, I've just been going to the gym everyday with Roberta (my gym partner whom I've never mentioned, but now I am!). I feel a little tighter than I was, but my belly is still a big jiggly mess lol at least to me. Oh well, by the end of the summer at this rate, I should be a lot more drool-worthy. I've been writing a little bit due to some unexpected motivation, so that's a plus. I want to get into the habit of writing every night so I can get something finished and published before I finish university, so hopefully this keeps up. Been playing World of Warcraft lots. For anyone who plays, my main is a level 17 NE (night elf, yo) Priest on Chromaggus, and my alt (alternate, werd) is a level 10 Human Priest on Norgannon. I know, n00b levels, but I've only been playing for a couple weeks, gimme some slack. Geeeeez.

Well that's all. I might try my first Vlog (video blog) sometime soon as a trial run for the new blog in the fall. Yippee!

Well, time to put on my casual pants and go to work. I haven't bought new pants yet because I just got paid, so if they send me home, then I'll be back to post a more bitchy rant about management and burning down the place lol.

--Pyro Jam

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Well that's ri-gosh-damn-diculous. "Um, excuse me Jam, the rivets on your pants are a little too provocative and it offends me. Yes, your rivents are offending."

What a pile of crap.

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home