9.14.2006

Tools of the Trade

I find I'm getting extremely bored online recently. I used to be able to set up camp at my desk and chat for hours upon hours to people back in highschool, but as time has progressed, the internet has lost its allure. What was once an intricate world wide web now seems like a big pile of advertisements and wastes of time.

I can see how people get addicted to YouTube. I mean, did you watch those two videos of Lucy? (If you didn't, refer to the previous post, and try to stay with it next time.) It's so entertaining to hear about the lives of others, what they're going through, how you relate, and to comment and talk to these people about said problems. It's amazing! For me, it also fills that void of "what should I do online today?". The correct answer is eight gallons of readings, not involving the computer at all. The real answer is sift through random videos with Japanese commercials, trailers for upcoming indy films, and Joe Blow's day at work.

So this weekend I'm going to read a novel and about twelve readings. Good lord. School is insane! I mean, don't get me wrong, it's about eight billion times more interesting than working, but it's hard work; almost a different kind of hard work. It's definitely a much better, more ameliorative (hmm, remind you of an email address?) type of hard work than a full time job.

I've just been reading so much lately. What happens when my brain runs out of room? Can I put in more memory in my leg or something? The things they can do with technology! I really AM in the future!

Kay, I'm tangeanting. Bye!

--Jam

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. The net has become incredibly boring. Even blogs, online journals, etc... have become boring. It's almost like once you've seen one you've seen them all.

But how weird is it. I can totally spend hours upon end stairing at youtube, or browsing on random peoples hi5 accounts.

Oh my, my brain is turning to mush.

Matt

1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home