9.10.2006

Two Morons

One

I went to a party with my roommates on Friday night and had an incredible time. I met lots of hilarious, fun, energetic people that night. One person I met was Deidre.

At first, she seemed like a very nice, normal person. We picked her up on the way and she just seemed calm and an overall genuine person. At the party, once a couple drinks were consumed, she began to "turn", as the phrase may be. She began to act very rudely towards myself and others around her, and, possibly beyond her knowledge, was ostracized by much of the party, or so is my belief.

As the night drew to a close, Deidre was talking to a guy and I thought nothing of it. She then began to scream at him for hitting her (which I didn't see, even though I was five feet away) and bashed him in the face. Hard. My fists clenched, but luckily I wasn't drunk enough to hit her back for him. She kept screeching at him for hitting her in the head or whatever he did, while he looked stunned and confused. She went on and on about this and that, but really, he had hit her (if he did), far softer than she did him.

So, why was this woman able to hit this man in the face? Because a man can't hit a woman, even if he didn't in the first place. I have never wanted to hit someone as much as I wanted to hit her... ever.

***

Two

I've been chatting to an older guy online, Dean, for near two months now. He lives in St. John's and, to the best of my knowledge, was a nice and normal person. We were chatting last night and I said I was going to go to have a shower and curl up and read Ann Coulter. He quickly remarked that she is a horrible person and that I should return her book, to which I responded that I really don't take her opinions seriously and that I just find her hilariously entertaining because she is so crazy.

This seemed to just make him crazier.

He proceeded to tell me that she hates fags (so wonderful of him to use that term as well.. Ann would be proud) and that because of the opinions she puts onto society, gay men and boys commit suicide everyday. Since I really don't think that Ann Coulter is making gay people commit suicide, I just responded, in a very nice manner, that I was going to go have a shower and that I'd talk to him tomorrow, and then he blocked me. He blocked me. He blocked me! I like an author, not even an author's opinions but her insanity and writing style, and he blocked me for it.

***

Yeah.

--Jam

PS: Why is no one but Liz blogging? How am I supposed to feed an addiction to blogging with no new entries? Sheesh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I hate closed-minded and abusive, irrational people too. :)

12:35 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

Uh, wher?

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home