4.18.2007

The Shrieking Inside

Howdy folks.

So I bought a cell phone! It's the sleek Sanyo Katana and I am absolutely in love with it. It's all white and shiny. I have to download a ring though because it only comes with really odd, stereotypical cell phone rings. There's one on it that sounds like the Psycho "reep reep", only by a mouse. It's like there's a little mouse inside my phone shrieking and pretending to be Norman Bates. It's okay mousey. You'll make it someday.

Does anyone thoroughly enjoy dating?

I'd love to know, because I never seem to. I get paranoid and apprehensive and I hate not talking to the person and wondering about how he feels or how I feel or the future or how he'll feel about my past or how I'll feel about his past or meeting the friends or meeting the family or any of it. It's like the time after a job interview. You wonder how you did, whether you had something in your teeth, did they like your belt, were my shoes dirty, did I stutter, etc. The difference in dating, this period of time doesn't end 'til you're so close that half the fun of dating is gone. I don't get it. I can't say it feels unnatural, but it's stressful to say the least. I know I should calm down and relax and let things happen and mlah mlah mlah, but that is far easier said than done, so don't comment and be like "It's okay, Jam. Calm down.", 'cause I'll bust a cap in yo ass.

Haha, I'm so ghetto.

My other annoyance of late is that my roommate is a disrespectful bitch from hell. We get along well in conversation and almost all the time, but every now and then, she will do the most disgusting things you could imagine. This week's example:

A couple nights ago, I put some clothes in the wash. I left them there overnight by mistake, so when I got up in the afternoon, I went downstairs to put them in the dryer. Now, if my roommate, for whatever reason, desperately needed to use the washer while my clothes were in there, what would be the proper course of action? The correct answer is put my clothes into the dryer. Instead, my roommate took my soaking wet clothes and put them in a pile on the freezer. In a dirty basement, my roommate takes clean yet wet clothing and piles it up on a filthy deep freezer. Obviously I get very mad, but I figure I will just put whatever she has put into the washer into the dryer and rewash my clothes, because besides them being dirty, they will be irreversibly wrinkly, and that is not hot. In the washer are the couch covers. My roommate, in her cleaning fits this week, has had an emergency couch cover cleaning. I can't put that into the dryer per se, and a couch cover is expensive, so I leave my pile of clothes to dirtify on the freezer.

People make me crazy. 13 days 'til I move into my own place. Thank Jebus. Thank Jebus indeed.

--Jam, going Psycho

2 Comments:

Blogger Athena said...

Cell phone? Thou hast joined the land of the future.

Also, I notice that your MSN name hasn't changed in umpteen months... where are you???????

?

Also again, I can call you on the tephelone, but I've forgotten your number, so ee it to me, biotch.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Wow, that sounds... very disrespectful indeed. I think you should do something obnoxious on the day you move out, like spill soup all over her sheets or something.

Don't forget, once you move in you will have no escape from me and Gen. We will be attacking your apartment to decorate it every Christmas, Easter, and holiday we conveniently make up!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home