4.24.2005

Canada: Embarassing and Open

Mornin'.



Above I lay before you the 2010 Olympic Emblem for the Vancouver Games. I don't know about you, but I think it looks ridiculous. I understand it's supposed to represent our Native culture, and I guess the multi-coloredness of it represents diversity, but it looks childish. It doesn't show anything about the competitive nature of the games, of inter-unity, nothing. It seems that Canada needs to embarass itself compared to other countries when it comes to large events, and I'm sure you can think of a couple where you can just shake your head and say "Oh, Canada.. why?".

I went to the gay badminton club in Toronto with Leon yesterday, and I have to say it was actually a lot of fun! Besides a couple guys that were so gay that they almost burst into a rainbow, the rest of the guys were a hoot! I think it's amazing that Canada is so open that we can have things like gay badminton clubs. In the USA, gay badminton clubs would probably be bombed. They seem to like bombs lol.

Anyways, there's two different sides of Canada; one positive and one negative. I'm going to go try to walk to the bathroom, but my sore muscles might decide I should lay down in the hall instead of in the tub. We'll see!

--Jam the Canadian

PS - WTF if up with this snow? WTF Mate?

2 Comments:

Blogger Maya said...

The colours seem to match the olympic rings, too.

Snow snow! It's purdy and so wrong at the same time!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Paixão said...

http://www.canada.com/national/nationalpost/news/sports/story.html?id=b56b747a-26af-4c24-88e6-6cc82ec901b1&rfp=dta

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home