8.01.2006

Registration, Appreciation, and Agitation

Registration
Well, it finally happened. I finally got to register for my courses, and oh my jebus, I'm so happy! I got into all the courses I wanted, my schedule totally rocks the casbah! I'd like to see your schedule rock a casbah.

I have:

2nd Yr Intro to Sociology
(I'll be taking about four sociology courses throughout my time at MUN, so I need the intro as a prerequisite. Should be easy enough.)

1st Yr Intro to English Lit II
(MUN asks that you take two first year englishes before you go into the upper year courses. Since I was able to get into this one and I already have another, I get to start into my second-years next semester! Amazing surprise for meeee!)

2nd Yr Philosophy of Logic
(Requirement for ma degree..)

2nd Yr Philosophy of Knowledge
(Can't wait!)

2nd Yr Ancient Asian History
(It wasn't even on the calendar, but it was available when I went searching! BOOYAH! I'm so great!)

My Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays are all 9-1, and my Tuesdays and Thursday are both 10:30-3:30, with a two-hour break in the middle. It's such a yummy schedule; I could just eat it up! CHOMP! BAAAH HA! Just kidding, silly!

Appreciation
A friend of mine from work, Carmen, came up to me today and said she read my blog and she loves it so much! She said that I should write novels and that she would "totally buy it" if I got one published. I almost cried! HA! It was just so unexpected and I love it. *muah* Luv you Carm!

Agitation
First off, I don't understand people who can't stand on their own two feet and just do something for themselves. Those people who just rely on others, who have no ambition, who can't grasp individual thought, just bother me. A soon-to-be-friend-of-mine in Newfoundland met this guy online who lives in Alberta. Dude is moving to Newfoundland because he's originally from here. He's moving back to the town that my friend lives in because his grandparents live there, and then when my friend moves to St. John's in September, dude will also be moving there to find work. I mean, that's great that he wants to find work and move to a larger city, but it really seems like he's following my friend because they're liking each other and he can't think of anywhere better or anything better to do, but that's just my thoughts on that.

Second, computer shopping is a total drag. I want to find the best deal I can, but also get a good laptop, and I need a bundle with a printer, but it's all so stressful! "Great deal!" No, it's not. "Special Bundle." Ya. Special. "Free shipping!" ...with an $800 rebate. Maybe I'll just get a little chalkboard and write on it. People survived doing that in the past, so why can't I? Right? Right.

The final agitating thing is that my new roommate in St. John's doesn't really want me to paint my room when I get there. It's been a tradition that when I move, I paint my room so I feel more at home, so I can't imagine not painting when I move in. Also, the room is yellow. Yellow. I mean, I suppose yellow could be alright. I'm pretty sure the furniture is dark wood too, 'cause ya know how dark wood and yellow go together. Anyways, I'm gonna keep bugging and maybe show her pictures of my room now to show her I can actually paint. On a side note, I'm really going to miss this room. The paint job took literally twenty-four combined hours or more and it was such an amazing effort on my (and Sarah's) part. I need to paint when I get there, so I'll have to stress that to my new roommate.

One month until I leave. I have to start working on these video blog dealies. I don't even think I have a microphone though... *ponders*

--Jam to bed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home