11.11.2006

In The Tower

First of all, it's Remembrance Day, so make sure you're grateful for your Viva Puffs and Cheezits you're stuffing in your face. I mean, if you are. If not, don't worry 'bout it.



So I saw the film Babel last night and all I can say is wow. Well, I guess I can say a little more, considering this is a written blog.

The concept of the film was based around the old tale of the Tower of Babel where man built a tower to the heavens, but because of doing this instead of worshipping God, the people were punished by having their language confused and being dispersed across the globe. (God's an angry fellow.) It follows the lives of four groups of individuals who are all connected but all go through their own trials during the same period of time.

It is so intense and shows a concept that is ever-so-rarely touched upon, and is, in short, a cinematic masterpiece. I really think everyone should see this film - It reminds me why I want to get into film at some point in my life.

Um, so go see it. I'll stop writing so you can go see it.

Run along now.

--Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home