11.08.2006

No Faith

Hey ya'll.

So I saw a video recently of the Country Music Awards where Carrie Underwood won female vocalist of the year (yeah! love her). Anyways, here's the video.

If you'll notice, nominee Faith Hill freaks out. It looks like she yells "What?" and walks away.

On Faith's website, this statement was made:

"The idea that I would act disrespectful towards a fellow musician is unimaginable to me. For this to become a focus of attention given the talent gathered is utterly ridiculous. Carrie is a talented and deserving Female Vocalist of the Year."

Now, I don't know about you, but that looked very real. I don't believe, from my viewing of "The Stepford Wives", that Faith is a very talented actress, especially in a situation like that. I think she is now regretting having freaked out, but come on, take responsibility for your actions! You were horribly rude towards another artist! I normally enjoy her, but I truly believe she did something wrong and is now not taking the proper actions to correct it.

That's my li'l opinion on that.

--Jam

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yeah I saw that too. And as much as I love Faith Hill (and I do!) she freaked out and should at least admit to being upset that she didn't win. I don't think she meant anything rude toward Carrie but I guess I would be upset too if I had been on hiatus for a few years, come back with a kick-ass album, work my butt off, and then this little American Idol chick, who doesn't even write the songs, beats me. Not saying her actions were right, but I can understand her frustration.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

haha omg that's funny. She was so not humble... it's like she had her winning pose all set and automatically did it before even registering who's name was called.

10:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was just a joke, you can tell. It's pretty exaggerated what she did.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Jam said...

1. If it was a joke, it wasn't funny. It was disrespectful and tasteless. For it to be called "just" a joke is ridiculous - it belittled someone in front of millions of viewers. It is not "just" anything besides a horrible display of poor sportsmanship.

2. If it was a joke, why didn't she just say that on her site? She realizes what she did, and the problem I have, besides the fact that she completely put down a fellow musician, is that she did not apologize.

3. It wasn't a joke.

--Jam

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also saw the clip of Faith Hill. It cannot be a joke! And if it was...it's an awful, disrespectful joke which still requires an apology. I'm disappointed in you Faith! You're usually such a good girl....
Sarah
(Way to go Carrie!!! :D )

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home