2.12.2007

Long Distance Cookie Grammar Television

Great heading, eh? I say "eh" because I'm Canadian. I'm cool like that. For all the Canadians who read this, a.k.a. everyone except Liz, the people in Newfoundland say "hey" instead of "eh". That's nuts, hey? Oh my god, so weird. Crazy damn newfies.

Anyway, onto something equally as unimportant!

A friend of mine recently ended a long-distance relationship. Like, we're talking very long, like.. well, I don't know how far. A long way. It got me to thinking about long-distance relationships and whether they can actually work. I mean, the whole point of a relationship is to have that person near you so you can hold them and whatever else people do that I don't need to mention. You get to interact with them in a way you couldn't in a long-distance commitment, and eventually you'll have to live face-to-face because you can't stay long-distance forever - what would be the point of that? I suppose it has its advantages too. You don't get sick of the person, you don't have more superficial issues with the person (well, not right away), etc.

I've been thinking about a guy back home for a while now. I know he's single, an amazing guy, and I'm wondering if long-distance is for me, for now? I mean, I'd love to spend my life with him, so the idea of LD (I'm so not typing "long-distance over and over. What do I look like? Joan Rivers?) seems appealing. I mean, the guys here are all defective. If I can have happiness with a guy and know that I have him, even if it's over a thousand miles away, maybe I should go for it? There's no guarantee he'd go for it anyway. Just an idea.

I realize that Joan Rivers reference didn't make sense. Just roll with it.

I'm not going to talk about cookie grammar television in great length because I'm lazy and tired. Cookies are yummy, grammar is that I have a grammar test tomorrow and two slacker friends in my class who never come to class and are going to bomb or drop the coure, and television is amazing: Heroes, Lost, Survivor, oh my!

That's all! Oscar picks next, me thinks.

--Jam Rivers

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I chose to bomb it

5:38 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Long distance is not ideal and is not for everyone. In all LD relationships, the ultimate goal would be to make it not LD anymore. But then again, I've seen it happen too many times where people are in LD relationships for a couple of years, one half moves and sacrifices to be with the other, and then they break up. I've also seen couples be LD for four years and then get married and live happily ever after. Either way, know that it is HARD and takes dedication. No more random make-outs, lots of trust with your guy that he's not having randome make-outs, and frequent trips to see each other. See? Not ideal, but then again, nothing ever is.

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home