2.16.2007

My Days of Sleepy Haze

Mornin', sunshine!

I just woke up from quite possibly the best sleep ever. I had two hours of sleep on Wednesday night, and was up all day yesterday with four hours of class and then I saw Notes on a Scandal (Which was AMAZING - go see it now. Actually, read my blog first, then go. I'll allow that.), then Survivor, then I crashed. Mmmm, mmm, sleep.

During my sleepy haze yesterday, many crazy things happened, or I think happened. Here's some, for your enjoyment:

I was walking down this path outside and I see, out of the corner of my eye, a chocolate milk container, and I swear it was floating above the snow. I stop to see it and I fall at the snow. I'd say I fell in the snow, but the snow was far away, and I kind of slid to the snow and fell right at it. It turns out the container was stuck in the snow by one little corner. The things you learn when you look at them up-close from a snowbank.

All I can think of are Friends bloopers. After I finished my essay at 4am Thursday morning, I couldn't sleep. My body was like "I know you're tired, but I hate you for keeping me up this late, so you must stay up longer, sucker!" I watched three hours of Friends bloopers on Youtube, followed by passing out at some point. Luckily I had already set my alarm, but all I could think about yesterday and a little bit today is Lisa Kudrow laughing and Jennifer Aniston swearing. Lisa Kudrow has the funniest laugh ever. Just FYI.

In my last class, everything went blurry. I could focus on anything, and the prof loves to just pick people at random and ask them questions. When he said my name, I swear it took over a minute for me to realize he had said anything. Text reenactment, go! "James?" Did he say my name? No, I don't think so. Marcia Cross dishwasher rum stapler cactus very not bubbles. "What? Um.." followed by me making up some sort of answer. Eventually I was putting up my hand to answer and ask questions, for whatever reason, and I ended up being the most talkative. It scares me, however, because I can't remember anything I said, so it all could have been retarded nonsense. Awesome.

I went into the post office with Julia to buy an envelope and a stamp to send my friend Roberta in Hamilton a letter. I'm standing outside the store and she's like "Um, well you have to go in to buy something," and I'm like "oh, right." So we wander over to this shelf full of envelopes and I mutter "Can I just buy one envelope? Will they let me do that?" and I wander over to the counter and say "Can I get a stamp with that as well, please." She replies, "Would you like an envelope with a stamp already on it instead?" I swear I turned inside out. I was like, "They have those? Roberta will love this! Oh my, I need a nap." Something to that effect. The lady laughed. I laughed, and my body cried inside from tired, but I got the envelope and that's all that matters.

Julia and I walked outside to get to the Arts building and it was throwing-ice-pellets-around outside. She's like "OW, MY EYES!" and this group of people walk by and try to hold in their laughter, but of course I start laughing like hysterically and so do they. Freaking awesome.

While I was watching Survivor, I was trying to speed up time. I said to Sandra "I wish time would hurry up and this show would be over so I can sleep!" or something like that - probably more like "timspeedshowoversleepsleepsleep".

That's all I can remember, lol! I have a date-ish thing tonight, so I think I will go shower so I don't smell! Hurrah!

--Dozey Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home