6.07.2007

Don't Stop the Music

Hello, you gorgeous punkin' pies, you!

Well slap me upside the head and call me Kazooie! It's the second day in a row on the cursed island of Newfoundland that we have warm weather! Yesterday it reached 22, and today it's 25! Oh Emm Gee. I'm gonna wear shorts today! Shorts! In Newfoundland! Insane. Lovely, but insane.

So, let's talk about boys, shall we? I've been seeing Michael an awful lot lately. As I had mentioned before, we're dating without labeling it as dating, which I guess is okay. He leaves in two weeks, so I'm forcing myself not to get attached. It's not too hard to do, since before three weeks ago, he was a complete jerk. It's a funny situation. It took me ignoring him and essentially forgetting about him for him to come back and make an effort. I'm not really sure what he's thinking, what he wants, but I keep my distance, even when we're right beside one another. On the positive side, it's very refreshing dating an academic. All my past boyfriends have been working or, way back, in highschool. None of them were truly interested in knowledge and academia as I am or as Michael is, so it's a different experience dating Michael. It's shown me what I want in a relationship, and really, what I don't. As Ben said to me yesterday, "everything happens for a reason." I don't know if I fully believe that, but I know that I have learned a lot from my experience with Michael and have grown due to it.

Now, onto Rihanna. Does anyone else love Rihanna? I mean, she's only nineteen and is on her third successful record. Umbrella is the catchiest song of the year, and there is another song on the album, "Don't Stop the Music", that is phenomenal. You can take my word for it that it will be a gigantic dance hit. A lot of people have been putting down Rihanna, that she's copying Beyonce, and all this crap. Rihanna is Bajan (from Barbados) and is far younger with a different sound than Beyonce. Personally, I like Rihanna's music a lot more. Can't we all just get along?

I went house hunting on Monday as I've decided to move out of my li'l bachelor place. For those of you who don't know why, it's like living in a tiny apartment in the 70's in the middle of nowhere with no kitchen sink. I need normality for a change. My friend Melody mentioned that she and her friend Mike are looking for a place, so I suggested we all live together, and we lived happily ever after. Oh, wait. House hunting first. We haven't found one as of yet. I saw a gorgeous place right downtown, but they wanted the lease for July 1, not August 1, so alas, it blows away with the wind. ..or something. I'm the only one physically looking as I'm the only one in St. John's of the three of us, so that's super fun. I boot around downtown, buying Booster Juice and running from bums. Good times. At least once I do find a place, I'll be living downtown, near all the activity, with a good friend, and a real kitchen. I have goosebumps just thinking about it. Don't you? You should.

Well, time to get this day going. I'll leave my money troubles 'til later when I have more info. Lata gatas!

--Jam, under your umbrella.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home