5.22.2007

Sittin' on a Dock in the Bay

Another day.

I'm sitting in the computer commons, listening to the clickety-clack of the keys and the breakity-crunch of my brain. I have class in half-an-hour, then I'm trekking up to a new restaurant that needs a full-time dishwasher. Glamorous, I know. It's a great restaurant, so hopefully I can work my way up to waiter and work there through the school year. I need to find a job soon though or I'm going to have to start eating my curtains. If they were pretty curtains then maybe it wouldn't be so bad, but they're pretty damn ugly, so I don't imagine they taste like mint chocolate.

I had a great weekend - went out two nights in a row, both mornings with no hangover. I'm amazing. I haven't done that in years! I was really down on Friday, but thanks to a lot of my friends and even more booze, I am definitely cheering up!

Oh my jebus. I was at Etomik, if any of you newfies know if it, and noticed my favourite bartender. Now, I have a lot of bartenders I like more, so I shouldn't call him my fave, but he is, simply because he is so ridiculously attractive. He's built like a.. built.. holy god. He's like a little taller than me, dark hair.. sorry, I just had a moment. Anyway, I was convinced he was gay. He dressed almost better than me and there was just some vibe. I guess it was all me dreaming and wishing that he was, because my friends asked him in their drunken stupor, and no, he's not. Oh well - he'll always be the bartender of my dreams.

Has anyone ever read Othello? I know Ben has, and he has a favourite Shakespeare quote from it 'cause he's so cool like that, but has anyone else? I'm reading it now and I can't say I'm enjoying it as much as Hamlet. It's all confusing and silly, at least to me. Maybe once I read the quote I'll fall into a joy-seizure and never need to read anything ever again as I will be so very complete that my brain will glow? Somehow I don't see that happening. Somehow I don't see me wanting that to happen. Glow-brain seems painful.

Well, off to class I go. I should have wore my red hoodie and brought a basket so I could skip down the halls like Little Red Riding Hood! Wouldn't that be awesome?

Ya. Ya it would.

--Little Gay Riding Hood

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home