5.18.2007

Late Night Plotting

Holy god - when did it become 3am? This will be brief now that I just realized the time.

I have a class this summer, Shakespearean tragedies (providing me with a tragic summer.. funny if I haven't used that joke on here yet, lol). It's rather boring, save the very cute boy that is sitting practically next to me. I'm pretty sure he's gay, and every now and then I'll catch his eyes at the beginning of class. I probably turn about eight shades of red and look like I'm holding in barf because he's so cute. Also, he dresses to perfection (he has this purple/gray striped shirt that makes me melt).

My question to all of you is what do I do? I'd love to have a summer romance, meet a new guy, but I have no idea how to introduce myself without coming off as a total desperate freak. I'm also not sure that he's gay, so what if I give him my number or something of that nature only to find out that he's straight? I have to sit near him all semester, so to make things very awkward would be a very bad thing. On the other hand, risking it might be the best idea, because what is life without risk? I could give him my number only to find out he wanted to give his to me all along.

Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to tell me what the hell I should do. Be detailed - don't just say "do it" 'cause I'll come through my computer and slap you. That will be frightening, and time consuming for me, and no one wants that.

--Jam and his boys

PS: By "if you choose to accept it", I mean "when you comment on this blog". It's not optional.

5 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

I'm going to pretend you haven't heard my thoughts on this matter already.

Of course I think you should go for it, Jammy. I'm a huge believer in living like there's no tomorrow. Imagine what you could be missing out on if you sit there and turn a million shades of pink? And besides, if there proves to be a "sting of rejection", won't that be better than doing nothing, and then wondering for the next several months if anything would have come of it? This way, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, right?

Even if you just say something like, "Oh jeez, I am sick to death of Othello" or "God why does 11 pm have to come so disgustingly early anyway?", it's a good conversation starter--and at the VERY least, you'll have somebody to talk to.

Julia out!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I suggest the flirting approach. Chit chat and get a feel for him. Giving your number to an almost complete stranger rarely (okay never) works. You gotta start slow. Then go in for the kill! :)

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think you should start talking to him a bit first. Get to know him a bit. It'll ease the embarrassment, and pink face! Ask him questions about the class, the weather, or whatever! :D
Good luck Jamesy!!!

2:35 PM  
Blogger No Rhetoric said...

I say talk to him because it never hurts. Look at me with my friend, Ben! I sat near him, made a joke about Latin (which I think was a fucking amazing thing to do, because Latin just ain't funny, honey) and we became bosom buddies! Sure, I thought he was cute, but I got a buddy out of it! Two, counting his fiancee! Yay!

Anyway, worse case scenario, he says something blah like 'hey queer, get outta here' and you bitch slap him for all you're worth, or he has a bad voice, which is also devastating, but you will scuttle on happily, nonetheless, if only a bit frazzled about the boy-child beside you. Best case scenario, Shakespeare takes on an erotic tone and you have fun with that course and that boy-child! Yay!

So, I am so pro the make-a-witty-comment approach. something like 'Hey, what's up with airline food?' or 'Was it really neccessary for Hamlet to go oooon like that in his second solioqy? I mean, I was considering 'not be-ing' his ass right out of the Danish court, you know?' Or something actually clever...

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benji says...i think you should initiate contact with the subject :P to do that, i recommend you ask him for his msn address, as "there are a couple of days that you wont be coming to class" and it would be great if you could get the notes from him via msn. doesnt seem suspicious, and gives you a chance to find out more about him.

good luck!
-Benji

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home