5.20.2007

Men Are Pedophiles

First, go watch the first half of this video.

Okay, for those of you who don't watch the video because you're at work or you're lazy or stopped listening to my demands in September of '05, I'll recap. The ladies of The View, predominantly Rosie, bash male nannies and say they would not hire a male nanny for fear of him being a pedophile. Rosie goes further and says even after checking references, she would still not hire a male nanny to watch her children.

I would like to say how disgusted I am with this opinion. This generalization that all men are predisposed to be pedophiles is ludicrous. The View has a tendency to be very pro-woman, which is obvious when four women are the hosts, the audience is 99% women, and the viewers at home must be mostly women. However, when they decide to say that all men, including those who are qualified to do so, cannot watch children because they may sexually abuse them, I am thoroughly outraged and disappointed.

I don't want to rant forever, because I think the ridiculousness of this topic speaks for itself. I vow to all of you that I am a man and I'm not a pedophile! Surprising, I know.

Leave your opinion.

--Jam

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in no way agreeing with the opinions stated on "the View" about this topic, however it seems to be a popular opinion amongst people. (not just females, but males too) One of my babysitters was male, so I do not agree with them. I wonder why this is the popular opinion on this matter. Maybe because in the past...mostly women have taken care of the children...but that really doesn't explain fears of pedophilia though. Any opinions as to why it's the popular response??

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to leave my name...that last post was from me!
~Sarah

12:52 AM  
Blogger Athena said...

I think it's an opinion held, not because most men are pedophiles (because they're obviously not), but because most convicted pedophiles are men. This is either because most pedophiles are men, or because female pedophiles do not get caught or reported, because our society has some stigma against males who are sexually assaulted by women. Either way, I think it's crazy to base whether or not you'd leave your kids with someone on their gender.
Basically, I think you should only leave your kids with someone you're 100% comfortable with... and if you're some sexist weirdo, and that means you don't want to leave your kids with men, then so be it.
But yeah, I totally agree; society in general is messed when it comes to gender issues.

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home