5.14.2007

Five Questions

One of my favourite bloggers Liz has continued an interview style post from one of her favourite bloggers. I thought I'd keep it going and allow her to ask me five questions to which I will give responses, and then if any of you want to (or know me and therefore must) participate, comment on here and I'll come up with five questions for you to put on your blog! Sounds fun? That's 'cause it is.

1) What do you consider to be your worst vice?
This has to be the hardest question she asked and she asked it first! Way to go.

I'm not sure why this question is so difficult for me, but I don't think I have an answer. I think very highly of myself, and though I do think I have faults, I don't think any of them to be a vice, per se.

2) If you could go anywhere in the world, expenses paid, where would you go?
Well, I have three locations that stand out amongst the others.

The first is Peru. I have studied Peru in many different contexts, from its history to its geographical phenomena to its unique culture. I would love to see Maccu Picchu and the Incan ruins and experience the best Lima and other Peruvian cities have to offer.

The second is Japan. I've studied the Meiji period to the modern period of Japanese history fairly closely and who doesn't love Japanese culture? Japan, to me, has a sense of safety, even in its largest cities, and I would love to see if that image is reality.

The last is a rather extravagant trip, and lasts about half-a-year. It's a tour around the whole of South America, including a couple weeks to Antarctica. The adventure of this vacation really appeals to me, especially the trip to a place where hardly anyone has traveled.

3) If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Hands down, I would change my work ethic. In terms of school, I had life pretty easy in the first eighteen years of my life. This lead to a serious flunk-out from Brock, and me having to learn, as an adult, how to learn. I call this "the curse of the gifted child" and hopefully if I see it in the future in the children around me, whether they be mine or another's, I'll be able to fix it before it messes things up.

Boy, that was a tangent.

4) When did you KNOW you were gay?
Hah! Well since I wear my sexuality on my sleeve along with my emotions and my opinions, I suppose I could have expected this sort of question.

Unlike the lying gay people who say they have known since they were born or since they were a child, I have known since puberty. Plain and simple. Before that, I was not attracted to anyone in particular because, sadly to say, no one is. They could recognize beauty, but I don't think that should be mistaken for attraction or sexuality whatsoever. I do have a problem with gay men who say they have known "forever" because it simply cannot be true, as a straight person has not known their sexuality "forever" and would never say such a ridiculous thing.

On a side note, since some people have asked me, I'll say that I accepted being gay fairly quickly, as opposed to some people who go through denial and say they're bisexual and all that. I think I was in denial for about a day, if that. I don't even remember being in denial, just wondering what was going on. Once I knew, I knew, and the rest is fabulous history.

5) Do you have any regrets in life? If so, what is your biggest regret?
Of course, a couple obvious things come to mind. Screwing up at Brock rings a giant bell, letting Mike go a while back rings another. I try not to live with regrets because I do love who I am today, but I think those who live without regret are living in ignorance of the past and can't fully learn from their mistakes.

So, if you have a blog and want to do an interview:

1. Email me (amelioratio (at) hotmail (dot) com) or comment on here and let me know with your email, if I don't already have it.
2. I'll send you back five questions. Lucky for you, I get to choose them.
3. You answer the questions on your blog.
4. Include a li'l explanation about what just happened, and do the interview to other people if they ask!

So there you have it. Now you know a little more about me, via the curious nature of Liz.

--Jam

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi James! Well I no longer have a blog...being I forgot my user name...and used it for about a week! Can you do my interview via email please! It sounds like fun! :D Hope things are going well!!
~Sarah

10:43 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

You have this post twice, so I asked you to send me the questions on your other post :)

5:17 AM  
Blogger No Rhetoric said...

ummm You should make up some questions for me. Why? Because first, I like answering questions about myself, for I love talking about myself. Second, no one reads my blog except you and that random guy, SO I don't have to worry about someone asking ME to make up questions for THEM! Fun!

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home