6.09.2007

Iguazu

Iguazu
Spanish, meaning big water.

I got a job! Praise Jebus! Hallelujah! I'm officially a banker once again. No starvation for this Jam!

In a way, I'm glad for these extreme scares and horrible things that happen. Because of them, I am able to put things into perspective and realize how great things are the rest of the time. I feel like I'm on the right course now, that things are slowly getting better. This job just signifies that I can overcome the obstacles that come my way, no matter what.

I bit my tongue today and it reminded me of a moment in my life. In my last year of highschool, I had this sore on my tongue and it wouldn't go away. It was such a pain. I couldn't eat properly, it hurt to kiss my (then, secret) boyfriend, and a small part of me remembered where my father had had cancer: in his tongue and throat. I pretty much knew that wasn't it, that it was just an infection, but it was not a comforting thought to have lingering in the back of my head.

After I had had the sore for many weeks, I was in the car with my dad one day and just mentioned the sore. He replied to me "oh boy, guess what you might have," implying that it was cancer. My father, the person who should be there for me and dislike any pain or suffering I may incur, took enjoyment in the fact that I would have to experience what he went through, which I'm sure was an excruciating experience for him.

I overcame the sore shortly after, as well as I have overcame my father. I believe that he was put into my life as a test. He is something else, an emotional hurdle, that I am meant to leap over in order to succeed.

I don't know why I thought of that, or him, today but there you go. A snippet of what has happened to me to make me who I am.

--Jam

1 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

Praise Jeebus! Thank God. I actually had several small heart attacks when I saw the first few words of this post. Congratulations, Jammy! No more poor!

I considered just posting a comment right after I saw it, then I decided to read the rest of the post. I'm glad I did, so I can say this:

I don't know your dad, and I won't pretend to judge him on what was stated in this blog, but... seriously, man. What a dick thing to say/do to your son. I'm impressed that you take it so... well, maybe "positively" is the wrong word, but at least with a positive attitude towards something so negative. All my loves.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home