7.17.2007

Decision Time

I've taken two domain names, and I need your help in deciding which one to keep as my new blog.

For those of you who are slacking and didn't know about this previously, here's some information:

1. Jam's Blog will remain as my personal blog.
2. The new blog will be more rants, social commentaries, listings, ratings, etc.
3. There is no 3.

One more thing - don't go to those links because I have done absolutely nothing with the sites, except take them so that no one else does. Therefore, don't comment on here saying "there's nothing there! You're a phony!" and come after me with torches. None of that.

The two ideas are:

Fire and Ice Water
fireandicewater.blogspot.com, www.fireandicewater.com

As I will be having rants, as well as other, more positive posts, I could divide them into hot and cold posts, with hot and cold links, and a very bold design pattern, with dark reds, lighter blues. The logo would be fire and a glass of water with ice it, and I would have rotating phrases every week-or-so, saying things like "Stay Cool." or something more interesting.


Crimson Lime
crimsonlime.blogspot.com, www.crimsonlime.com

This site may allow for a better layout, with citrus colours, and many options for the logo, with the obvious being some sort of red lime. I can have sweet and sour links with some alterations of the logo (sweet, for example, having a pile of sugar on it). I would also have rotating phrases, like "Juicy." or something less lame.


This blog is going to be a big undertaking and I really want your opinion on this. It may end up that my readers here are my only readers over there, thus I want all the input from this crowd as I can get.

Comment now!

--Jam

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

I like them both. I don't know if there's any story behind a crimson lime, other than it's a color and a fruit. Like green tangerine, or the blue cherry. But both designs sound like fun!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

I like Crimson Lime - especially the idea of the sweet and sour links.

I like Fire and Ice Water too, but I think the hot and cold (as far as what they meant in terms of your blog) might get confusing, 'cause they can both mean good and bad things (IE Cool vs. Cold Shoulder, Hot vs. Hothead)...iunno if that made sense, but anyway, I like CL better.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Gen-chan said...

Originally, I was going to vote for Fire and Ice Water - I really like the imagery. However, I agree with Athena, Crimson Lime's sweet/sour idea is a clearer positive/negative. And limes are fun! You can really do an awesome layout with that.

*shrug* It really is your decision, either will be awesome!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

I think I have to say that while Fire and Ice Water would also be wicked, my vote has to go for The Crimson Lime. Something about the name and how I picture the layout in my head just makes me wiggle with glee.

Looking forward to seeing this new blog come into fruition... no pun intended. :D

1:01 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

i think i lean toward the fire and ice water...but it's close!

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally like Fire and Ice Water. It's clever and could totally be a puzzle on Wheel of Fortune under the "Before and After" category! lol
~Nat

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is for Fire and Ice Water!!! :D

~Sarah

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home