12.21.2005

The Annoyances

My luggage has yet to arrive. I call every morning, afternoon, and evening, and no one knows a thing. I bought two pairs of shorts and a t-shirt that the airline will reimburse me for, but even so, I want my stuff. I'm going to ask Kitty and Jeff if they'll drive me up to the airport today so I can talk to someone in person.

What makes me most upset is the fact that mom put that present in my bag to be opened on Xmas morning. Without my bag, December 25th will be a very homesick day for me.

Other than my luggage M.I.A., the trip has been fine. Not great, just fine. Loretta has taken to whining about every goddamn thing, but she seems to be realizing that she can do things on her own, so that's a relief. John has, however, manager to be the most annoying person on this trip by far and quite possibly the most annoying person I have ever met. He seems to always be around, wearing the most hideous clothing and looking rather icky hygienically, making horrific comments, pushing his family to the edge so that one day they will all snap simultaneously and throw him off of a skyscraper. I can only dream.

Poker has become the game of choice on this trip. Every night, us five youngins gather 'round and play us some Texas Hold 'Em. I'm getting better, but I'm still very bad. I don't understand how people play that all-year round. It's so... stressful! All that bluffing and better and losing.. good gravy.

Kitty and I seem to be bonding. Yesterday when the other four kiddlies went to the mall, Jeff, her, and I sat around and had a quite and most delightful dinner. She's very aware of everything around her and seems like a great centre to a family. I'm actually "bonding" with most of the people through a common view. Cam, the cousin from the non-Bajan side, and I have the "we're not in this family" thing in common. Brian and I have the "John is annoying and that's it" in common. It's always good to come together over something negative; it allows for great conversation lol.

There is a bug in my room that is using me as a buffet. Even though I already have a very itchy heat rash, this mosquito bites me everywhere. He can actually wake me up if he flies by my ear. He is definitely the most well-fed bug in Barbados, and one with a severe death wish.

Today I believe we are going to a wildlife reserve, so maybe I'll finally be able to see a monkey! The only wildlife I've seen here are little geckos, crazy-ass looking birds, an icky crab, and the bug in my room. I wonder.. if I buy a safari hat, will the airline reimburse me?

--Jam

0 Comments:

<< Home