10.02.2006

Rain on the Windowsill

Howdy cowboys!

I haven't posted in a while because I've been as busy as a beaver. Who invented that saying anyways? I understand beavers make dams and live in them and all that, but don't they enjoy it? I mean if I enjoyed reading 24/7, I wouldn't be busy, I'd be occupied, right? It helps their teeth, it gives them a place to hide from big ol' bears.. damn whiney beavers.

I've finished reading two of my six novels that I have to read this semester (insane.. yeah). The last one was on Ecological Imperialism and no, it's not as boring as it sounds. It's about eighty thousand times more boring! AHHHH! *jumps* And where I'm jumping, I don't know. Maybe you do... see, this is what school does to me. My mind wanders and creates insane insanity. Yep.. anywho, the next book that I'm starting tonight is called "Alligator" for my Great Fiction english literature course. The only problem I have with this course is that my section is run by a senile old bat who doesn't realize that there are books that weren't written in Newfoundland! I've read "Bishop's Road" which was pure crap, sentence fragments everywhere, and was complete rubbish about these women in a house and then not. Wee.

I have found my new song of the month (month-ish.. usually about every three weeks lol.. don't judge me!). Last month was "It Ends Tonight" by The All-American Rejects and "David" by Gus Gus. This month I found "Confessions of a Broken Heart" by Lindsay Lohan. Before you double-super-judge me (I saw that look.), listen to the song. It's so powerful and completely not what I would expect from one of Hilary-era. ..so go download it.

Had an amazing night at the big ol' gay club on Saturday. Hung out with my queer-crowd (I'll come up with a chic name for them later) beforehand, and predrank until about 1am. Surprisingly, that is normal here! People never leave for a club until past midnight at the very earliest. I like it in a way because I can get more done in the day before I have to start drinking (I can remember starting around 7:30 with Nat and H), but I also dislike staying out really late. I got in around 5am and that is so not cool in Jam's books. AKA My books. At the club, I looked fine, but my friend Jo had on this gorgeous little plaid button-up and she took it off while I was around, so I'm like "Hey, you're drunk, I'll hold onto that," then ran to the bathroom and changed into it! Tee hee, I'm so sneaky! I got probably half-a-dozen compliments on it. I had it open though, so maybe they were just horny and complimenting my stomach. Either way, I feel pretty. We danced for a long, LONG time, and I really don't know where the night went. As we were leaving, this incredibly hot little blonde guy walked by me and smiled and I, of course, went all blushy and stupid, and asked my friends if they knew him. They did, and dragged me back upstairs to introduce me (well.. not so much dragged as were dragged). He was so sweet and we talked for a bit before I had to go and he kissed me bye and I melted so now I'm a big pile of mush. ...but it's worth it! I got him email and I'm just kinda waiting for him to send me some sort of sign. Like a "hello". Or a stop sign. Smoke signals. Anything.

Tee hee, new boys make me giddy!

EDIT: So I just found out from other sources that he's in a committed relationship. Of course he is. I may have to end up dating my dresser.

I'm sure there's lots more that I could write about, but..

--Jam

PS: Hurricane Jerkwad is here right now, hence the rain on my window. Watch the news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home