12.30.2006

Late Goodbye

Hi everybody!

So I just received my goodbye videos that Leanne compiled! For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, I'll explain, because I know your little brains are like "Ah, I'm confused! Help! I'm a brain!"

At my going away party in August, before I moved to the rock, Leanne got all my friends to record a short clip saying goodbye and stuff, and then she put them all in a file and sent it to me! Yay!

Anywho, it's like the saddest thing ever and part of me is glad I received them late because they're SO SAD. It's such a nice thing to have videos of all my friends and to know they're with me no matter what I do, though. I'm gonna say something to each of you because I feel like I should thank you guys since you did this for me:

Athena: You're in the next room trying to get out of bed. Get up! I don't know what I'd do without you, and yes, I'm sure that record button pushed itself, just like the computer unplugged itself. That's as real as how you used to be able to play DDR really well and not feel hot and cold. Yep. I'm so happy we've stayed so close and I'm excited beyond belief for you to move here, so hurry up and do that.

Cam: I know you don't read my blog, but I'm gonna post about you anyway! So there! You're such a genuinely nice person it hurts my brain. I wish I could have gotten to know you so much more, but I'm sure I will be crashing at your place in Toronto very soon. Oh, wait, did I say that out loud?

Jen: JEN! You can't do a video like that! It like made me cry-almost, and that's almost crying! I wish you all the best and I hope that you never short-change yourself. You can do anything you put your mind to, and are one of the most talented people I have ever known. You have an inate beauty that you should embrace, so yeah, do that. Love you too!

Kevin: Oh Kevin, what to say about you? You may be the only person more opinionated than me, and by that, I am humbled, lol. I'm so excited for you guys moving to Calgary and I will definitely come visit very soon!

Lindsay: "I just recorded a second video. Why did I record a second video?" LOL! I love you so much! I've known you for, like, a million years, and I'm so happy that we grew together. We have so many memories that it is far too difficult to put them all here, but I miss you every day of my life! I'm so happy you didn't cry in your video because I was practically bawling watching it as it is! I hope you figure out whatever it is you want to do - I know you will excel in anything you do. Love ya, Linsermadoodle!

Natalie: Oh my JESUS! Yours is the only one that made me cry! It was so sad! I'm so happy I had the chance to live with you and be close to you because you have truly enriched my life. I feel like a more positive, ambitious person for having known you, and I miss you ALL the time! Someday we will be close-by again and we'll have crazy fun NatJam time! *muah*

Romeo: Meow! My big boy, I miss you. You can't read because you're a cat so I'm not going to write much, lol.

Sarah: Hahahaha, you did like a hundred videos! Well, by a hundred I mean three. I'm so happy I got to meet you and live near you. You were by far my best friend this past year and I couldn't have made it through without you. I'm happy to hear you're getting all better, and even though you didn't come out to Embassy, you're still my party girl and we will go out again! Keep being you and the world will open up for you! Love ya!

Shannon: Ah, Shannon. You make me smile! I wish we had more time to get to know one another, but from what I know, you're a happy, positive person, and I'm glad to have known you. I love that you always make time for your friends and family, and I feel like a more selfless person for having befriended you. Miss ya!

Steve: (I never noticed you had huge fangs until I watched that video.) I miss you so much! You are definitely the most caring person, like, on the planet, and I'm so happy that we've stayed friends all this time! It's been over three years! Holy cow! I will definitely come visit you in Calgary very soon, and I wish you all the best!

Tara and Mike: Why did you goobers do the video together? Well, my highschool peeps, I'm never gonna lose touch with you guys because you are my rock! Hahaha, why do people say that? What a silly saying. Anyway, Tara, keep being crazy (like that'll be hard) and Mike, keep being way too smart for your own good! I miss you both, and I'll have to visit you guys next time I come back because I haven't seen you in so long!

Vince: Good lord you're hot. I mean.. I miss you! I've known you the least amount of time, but I love your personality and I think you and I would have gotten along so well. Hurry up and move to Toronto and I will be there in half-a-second. Stay buzzed - it's pretty.

Leanne: Well what can I say? I knew the videos were coming (eventually) but I am still floored that you thought of such a touching and amazing goodbye. You are an amazing person - I want you to remember to follow your dream, because life is what we make of it. Your support kept me going this past year and I truly miss you. Good luck on your own in the future, and I will keep coming down to visit! Love you!

*whew* Well, for those of you who didn't do a video because, for some reason, you weren't at my going away party, you all rock too! I'm so happy to have such a large family of friends - I couldn't be who I am without you guys!

--Jam the "socialite"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jammer,
I miss you! I'm sorry that I couldn't leave you a little ditty on your tape. Life sucks without a car. Anyways, life has been dramatically different here since last school year, it really quite sucks to be honest; it would be better if you were here! I could really use a random shot from that poster in your old kitchen, and a good time at Stella's. Missing you.
Happy New Year
Chrissy

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home