5.01.2007

Come Back Tomorrow

Hey people.

So I am seriously dying of space plague, or something equally as awful. I'm weak, hurty.. the whole works. I dragged myself out of bed this morning and trekked all the way to the school, in my dazed state of mind, to go to the walk-in clinic so they could fix me. When I arrived, the lady behind the desk says "yes?" I never understood that. What does she think I want?

"Yes. I'd like a ride on your ferris wheel please."
"Yes. I'd like to rent an ostrich please."
"Yes. How much do you cost per hour?"

Like, seriously. Anyway, I say "I'm sick," in a very blunt manner, "and I'd like to get looked at."
She replies, "well I don't think we have any openings today." What?
"What?"
She scans a list in front of her. "Yep. All booked up. How about 10.20 tomorrow?"
"I thought this was a walk-in clinic."
"Well, we've been very busy so we're on appointments now." Right.
"Yeah, 10.20's fine."

So now, I have to drag my sick ass home, veg for a day, wake up tomorrow, drag my sick ass back to the school, so I can spend all of five minutes in the doctor's office while they tell me I have a sick ass and I need antibiotics. Charming.

Anyway, other than me being sick, nothing much else is going down. I moved into my new place yesterday and am still in dire need of the unpacking fairy. He's tied up with the tooth fairy at a conference this week though, so I'll have to wait 'til later on before my things get unpacked. Lazy damn fairy.

Oh, one other thing to talk about before I go. Does anyone say "like" all the time and dislike the fact that they say it? I say it now and then (I even said it earlier in this post), but I really enjoy the fact that I say it. Now, don't get me wrong. There is a limit on how many likes you can say in a sentence. However, when I say like, I'm saying a word that's part of modern language in order to communicate in a more casual way with others. I don't see anything wrong with it. So there, all you language Nazis. So there.

And with that, Jam fluttered away in search of medication and sleep.

--Jam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home