8.09.2007

The Everyday Foxtrot

Hey everyone. How is the weather in *insert where you are*? I heard that *insert friend's name* is *insert verb*ing. That's *insert positive/negative word*!

My life lately has been ridiculous.

First of all, I've been spending a lot of time with Todd.


Don't I look sexy? Rawr. Not the best pic of him, but come on, we look cute as hell.

It's amazing to be getting to know someone new, having a great time, and being treated like a deserve to be treated, rather than that bullshit that Michael put me through earlier this year. For example, two nights ago I wasn't feeling good, so I just stayed in and played video games. Todd messaged me and asked what I was up to and I told him I was sick and just vegging out. I asked him to come over and spend the night, take care of me, and he kind of made excuses and all that, so I thought he was mad at me. I settled into my game and just tuned everything out until he called around 10.30pm:

Jam: Hello?
Todd: What are you up to?
Jam: Just vegging. What are you doing?
Todd: Nothing. I might go for dinner with a guy. What would you think about that?
Jam: Um, what? Who?
Todd: You.
Jam: ...are you here?
Todd: Where's your door?
Jam: I don't have a door.

Anyway, besides the crazy fact that I don't have a door, it was such a terrific surprise. He had me completely fooled, and bought me dinner, and really did make me feel better. I haven't had a guy do something seriously kind and surprising like that in a long, long while, and it was so refreshing. This one could go for a while, folks.

Other than Todd, I've been studying for my exam tomorrow. I want to write it about as much as I want to be kicked in the family jewels, but I'm sitting at a 76, so I might be able to pull out an A if I study very hard. Fingers and toes crossed, okay?

I've been working a ton lately as well, and had some interesting news thrown my way yesterday. The hours of the branch are being extended, so I'll be guaranteed hours in the fall, which is obviously terrific. Any money during school is a blessing, for sure. The amazing part is that if evening/weekend shifts are added on as well, they'll be looking for a new customer service supervisor, and I, ladies and gentlemen, am up for the position! That would mean a huge pay increase, vacation pay, the works. A real job that would fit my school schedule and would be absolutely fantastic! I can't even believe it. So, for the next month, I'm going to study all aspects of that job so that when it comes available, I'll get it. Cross all your appendages for that as well. All of them.

I'm planning out my next tribute, so stay tuned for that. The new blog isn't coming along at all because I've been so preoccupied, but hopefully I'll have a layout by the end of August.

See you later, *insert your name, duh*!

--Jam

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

You don't have a door? That needs an explanation.

11:18 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

Awwww omg keep him!!

That one line "You."

Omg so cute. Keep!

2:43 AM  
Blogger Jam said...

Yeah, so far he's definitely been a keeper. Let's hope he keeps it up and doesn't go all man-insane on me.

I don't have a door because I go through the back entrance of a house into my basement apartment, but I still walk through her empty basement area to get to my actual door and apartment. It's hard to explain, but it's also one of the many obvious reasons why I'm moving out at the end of the month.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home