8.14.2007

The Sick Face

Howdy peeps.

Today I am going to ranting about sickness. I had thought "I hate being sick. Who ever posts about being sick?" until I read a very similar post with the exact same symptoms over at Marriage-101.

Last night, my throat felt sticky and funky, so I downed some NeoCitrin and a sinus pill and went to be nice and early. Screw you, cold, I thought. I'm gonna get you before you can get me with your smelly, germy hands! Boy, was I wrong. I woke up at 6.30am sweating like a pig (do pigs even sweat?) and completely delirious. I'd imagine my fever would have broken one of those cute little glass thermometers, but alas, I don't own a thermometer because I'm a poor student. Feel sorry for me.

I fell back asleep, waking up every five minutes-or-so for the next two hours before finally suffering through ridiculous sick-dreams until noon. All day I sat around, aching as though I was just on American Gladiators, and making this horrible "uck-uck-UCK" noise in the back of my throat. I'm not sure what the hell I'm sick with, but it sucks, and seemingly will only get worse.

The boy called today and was going to come over to try to make me feel better. I don't know about you, but when I'm sick, I don't want to see anyone but the characters in my video games and Oprah. Maybe Tyra, but I'd have to be fairly goofy on meds to see her.

I had also been sick Sunday morning, although that was hungover-sick, not real-sick. I felt bad for Todd because I'd imagine I was groaning and looking quite terrible in his bed. He went to the store and bought me pills though, which was sweet, and awkwardly attempted to look after me. It was cute.

Here's a picture of us on 80's night Saturday night. Neither of us were 100% 80's (me moreso than him, I think), but it was definitely a hawt evening. The sick after was worth the fun.



--Jam

2 Comments:

Blogger Gen-chan said...

*hugs* I hope you feel better soon! <3

Also, Todd looks AMAZING in that picture from Saturday. I want to steal his hat. Although he was perhaps a little more disco than 80s, it really doesn't matter when he looks that awesome. ^^ Lucky Jam.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

I don't know how I got you sick from thousands of miles away, but sorry about that!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home