10.18.2006

Just Right

Hey hey hey!

Well it's Wednesday. Hump day. I hate it when people call it that. My perverted mind has to go through a stage of "why are people humping things all on one day?" before I can come to the general conclusion that it's an expression. It should be hill day or mountain day or not-a-valley day. It was always so depressing when my co-workers would say that every single week. "Well guys, it's hump day. Only two more to go!" What kind of life is that? You're waiting for the weekend to do... what, exactly? I mean, you spend more waking moments with your co-workers than you do with your family (more or less), so why not get a freaking job you enjoy so you don't have to picture you running up and down hills all your life?

Anywho, that was a surprising tangeant. What was I actually going to talk about?

I went grocery shopping for the first time in three weeks yesterday. I can't believe I lasted three long weeks without buying more food, but somehow I did. By Monday, I was left with nothing but peanut butter and tea, and I don't think a peanut buttered tea bag tastes that good, although I've (thankfully) never experienced that first-hand. I had a mini-crisis in the cereal aisle, as I always do, on what brand to buy. Leanne, my roommate last year, said she cleaned out the pantry and they found eight boxes of my cereal in there. See, I think that's relatively.. normal.. or something. I hate sticking to one whole gigantic box of the same kind of cereal for its duration. I get sick of it, so I leave it and buy a different kind, and so begins the cycle of cereal hell. I'd buy those little boxes that come in random fun-pack thingies, but they're always cereal I don't like, and that would just create more problems for the cereal gods. We don't want to anger them. I bought Just Right, oh crunchy gods! Please do not smite me!

I have a date on Saturday and I'm so excited I could vom. Well, I'm excited, but more nervous. This guy seems really freaking amazing and I don't want to screw it up, lol. I mean, I guess if he's "the right guy" or whatever predetermined nonsense, then I can't screw it up. I don't believe in predeterminism, therefore I'm as nervous as a.. big nervous thing. He's a psych major at MUN, and he's hot too, so hello happy days!

Well, dinner time. Oh, one more little tangeant. Here, they call lunch dinner, and dinner supper. Lunch to them is a snack. Like brunch. But they don't have brunch. They would have lunch before lunch.. I mean dinner.

--Jam

2 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

I do no such thing! Lunch is lunch. Brunch is brunch! Supper and dinner are synonymous! I never refer to lunch as anything other than what it is! I can't say the same for everyone else in the province, though.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Athena said...

I never actually knew what the whole "hump day" thing referred to, but I always thought it sounded kind of gross.
But now that you mention it, I think everyone spends their life doing that whole uphill-downhill thing, and it's really depressing. I spend the hours I'm at work waiting for work to be over so I can go to sleep... it's like I'm wishing for my life to end faster... which I'm not, of course, but you get it.

PS: I heart Just Right a million

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home